WPA2 Enterprise repeater

Hi,

I gotta buy a new repeater as I have to repeat the WiFi signal from a place to another. Every router/repeater I have doesn't support WPA2 Enterprise, but only supports standard WEP/WPA/WPA2 protocols.

I also have an Asus RT-N12+ firmware 3.0.0.4.378_6981. The router finds the network correctly, however I can't connect to it as it says "unsupported authentication method". 

57299364_643959529394648_748948882601698

57190394_342185396642445_263469278945922

According to the support page, it should support WPA Enterprise authentication method, though https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN12Plus/specifications/ but later on I found out that it was only if it was used as router and not as repeater...

I also updated it to the latest version of the firmware, but it didn't change anything: 

57066145_643102292804887_288764164136186

I also have other repeaters like a TP-Link and another one from another brand but they both don't support WPA2 Enterprise, so I'm here to ask you which repeater you would suggest to extend my WPA2 Enterprise network without spending an eye and a leg.

Thank you in advance,

Frank.

• 3 months later...

Perhaps WPA2 Enterprise itself disallows repeaters as a means of greater security.

Instead of a repeater, try cabling two routers together. Configure one as a client and one as an AP. You might need a switch or cross-over cable between them.

Hopefully someone with more LAN experience than me can add some additional details.

• 1 year later...

Dear Frank,  I solved this: I bought the SILICEO router with OpenWRT Operating System.  I added the software package to implement the WPA2 Enterprise protocol.  I configured it as a Repeater from WPA2 Enterprise source to normal WPA2 WiFi output.  I then paired via LAN the SILICEO router thus configured through its LAN output to the Tenda WiFi Mash solution.  I did this because the SILICEO Router, if subjected to bandwidth load with multiple devices connected in WiFi WPA 2, freezes.  So I use SILICEO to capture the signal via WiFi with WPA2 Enterprise protocol to convert it to the RJ45 LAN port, giving the Tenda WiFi Mash Cubes the task of managing the WiFi network loads in an excellent way with WPA2 protocol.  The result of the combination is wonderful