Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Video Capture Software for Windows 98?

Posted (edited)

I find it interesting how difficult it appears to come by a proper video capturing software on the internet. I would've figured there would've been plenty during the lifespan of 9x...

I've been looking for a screen recorder for Windows 9x for years, if anyone knows of one, then please inform me!
Thank you!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Two that came to my mind are HyperCam 2.23.02 and CamStudio 2.0, try those.

15 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I'm looking for something free...thanks anyway!

Registered version has some advanced features that aren't essential. Other than that, it's completely free, doesn't expire and has no nag screen. ;)

Posted (edited)

I'm so confused.  What are you trying to capture video from a webcam?  Or from like a TV card or frame grabber?

Free There is windows media encoder 7.1 "wmencoder71.exe" http://www.mediafire.com/file/v1x8y98cshp236j/wmencoder71.exe/file

Free Windows Media Tools 4.1 "wmtools.exe" http://www.mediafire.com/file/chc4wag44byd658/wmtools

Not Free Nero Vision Express 6  it basically was free and came free for billions of people if they bought a CD/DVD burner as bundle ware.  It is basically free.

For video recording it require device that has direct show drivers for 9x

Edited by Destro