Video Capture Software for Windows 98?

9 hours ago, cov3rt said:

do you know what cpu and / or gpu / ram amount your using for camstudio 2.0? it would help to know, because i'm planning on removing hypercam 2.13.01 and replacing it with camstudio 2.0 for windows 95, 98SE, and NT4, because it seems that hypercam 2.13.01 ( being free, but unregistered ) shows a watermark for recorded videos, but camstudio 2.0 doesn't? although i have not confirmed if camstudio 2.0 does this or not, but hypercam 2.13.01 i believe does, as it mentioned it would show a watermark. though the focus on this thread was for windows 98, i'd like to add that hypercam 2.29 worldwide free version may or may not have the watermark issue ( it didn't give me the message after installing it ), and it should work on windows 2000 and newer, but probably will not install on non kernelex 98SE or older OS. i have only tested it on windows 7 briefly just to install it. 

I believe I tested version 1.5. I do not recall if 2.0 works on Windows ME.

99.9% of the time, I test Windows 9x with a physical laptop. Both use Pentium M 7xx's. I just find virtualization too buggy and slow.

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce

10 minutes ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

I believe I tested version 1.5. I do not recall if 2.0 works on Windows ME.

99.9% of the time, I test Windows 9x with a physical laptop. Both use Pentium M 7xx's. I just find virtualization too buggy and slow.

sorry, i got you confused with the other guys post saying they got camstudio 2.0 (not 2.7 ) working fine. as for whether or not it would work on windows me, i'd say most likely it would, as it mentions support for it, at least from a indirect source or two i found. but yeh, if you haven't already done so, you should give hypercam 2.13.01 and / or camstudio 2.0 a try on windows 9x / ME, i was hoping camstudio 2.0 would work "Better" as i actually removed hypercam 2.13.01 from my archived packages, since it has the watermark issue for one. the pentium m's shouldn't be too slow for camstudio 1.5 / 2.0 recording, so i was wondering if maybe the gpu and / or ram was the issue? do you remember which gpu's you tested and how much ram you had installed? 

35 minutes ago, cov3rt said:

sorry, i got you confused with the other guys post saying they got camstudio 2.0 (not 2.7 ) working fine. as for whether or not it would work on windows me, i'd say most likely it would, as it mentions support for it, at least from a indirect source or two i found. but yeh, if you haven't already done so, you should give hypercam 2.13.01 and / or camstudio 2.0 a try on windows 9x / ME, i was hoping camstudio 2.0 would work "Better" as i actually removed hypercam 2.13.01 from my archived packages, since it has the watermark issue for one. the pentium m's shouldn't be too slow for camstudio 1.5 / 2.0 recording, so i was wondering if maybe the gpu and / or ram was the issue? do you remember which gpu's you tested and how much ram you had installed? 

My laptop is considered "higher-end" in Windows 9x standards, but is extremely weak in modern standards.

ATI Radeon 9000 Mobile (32MB???)
1 gb SDRam