Firefox glitch breaks browser add ons

Tommy

On 5/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, Dave-H said:

52.9.1 needs to be downloaded and installed manually, there's a thread about it here.
It's only available in US English, but that's fine for you!

I fixed my add-ons signing problem by manually installing the new certificate using the information I was given here.
It's a bit fiddly, but it did work!
You will need to enable running commands in the browser console by setting "devtools.chrome.enabled" to "true" in the configuration editor.
You also need to reset the "app.update.lastUpdateTime.xpi-signature-verification" entry after installing the new certificate for an immediate fix!
:)

Thanks, Dave-H!

Has anyone tried extracting the cert8.db file from a firefox install, I tried to with 7zip, but couldn't find it anywhere in any of the folders (Unless it is created on a install), was hoping to, to see if there is/was a way of updating SSL certificates that are out of date or due to expire or soon will do

i'vr noticed there is quite a few out of date or due to be

The ultimate "solutions" page :thumbup:

https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ffu/armagadd-on_2_0.html

On 5/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Dave-H said:

52.9.1 needs to be downloaded and installed manually, there's a thread about it here.
It's only available in US English, but that's fine for you!

FirefoxESR 52.9.1 (technically a "tinderbox" build intended for developers) will gladly accept language packs from official release 52.9.0:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/win32/xpi/

Edited by VistaLover

For folks that might still be bedevilled by this certificates problem Mozilla has now released add-on fixes for older versions of Firefox. Versions covered are:

Firefox versions 61 – 65
Firefox versions 57 – 60 (not including Firefox 60 ESR)
Firefox versions 47 – 56

That should cover most folks, we hope. Full details and download links here: Mozilla - Add-ons disabled or failing to install in Firefox The links are in the Updates section near the top of that document. (Haven't had to use any of them myself.)

On cross-checking at the webpage https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ffu/armagadd-on_2_0.html I see that the author has updated that document to now include links to the add-on fixes. So in all I'm just posting this update here in case some folks have missed the new information in that updated document.

Edited by Radish

On 5/15/2019 at 10:39 AM, Radish said:

For folks that might still be bedevilled by this certificates problem Mozilla has now released add-on fixes for older versions of Firefox. Versions covered are:

Firefox versions 61 – 65
Firefox versions 57 – 60 (not including Firefox 60 ESR)
Firefox versions 47 – 56

@Radish does this include 52.9.0 ESR as I get not compatible with quantum yet mine isnt a quantun just regular normal 52.9 download

This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox.

Edited by DrWho3000

1 hour ago, DrWho3000 said:

does this include 52.9.0 ESR as I get not compatible with quantum yet mine isnt a quantun just regular normal 52.9 download

This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox.

You have (what I call) an "obsession" we've already witnessed in other threads to falsely report to all sites you're running Firefox 66, instead of adopting the default user agent of FirefoxESR 52.9.0[1] and only spoof that on sites broken in FxESR 52 (and I recollect @Mathwiz and possibly others advising you towards that direction ;)).

Once again you fell prey to your "obsession"; the suitable "fix" you should install from AMO is found on 

https://addons.mozilla.org/el/firefox/addon/disabled-add-on-fix-52-56/

But if you pretend to be running Fx 66, AMO will think you are running Quantum (yes, Firefox 66.0 is of the Quantum "variety") and forbid you access to what it thinks is an incompatible extension!

Please, for one last time, STOP this practice of adopting a global UA string of Fx 66.0 (sent to all sites) and return to the default value that comes with your actual browser; currently only few sites will nag you about Fx52 being outdated, use SSUAO just for these...

curious Q

Does anyone use the Facebook Purify extention and how do they find it, I use it, and it does seem to bring some "Normality" back to FB, I find it good

it gives you more contol and what and how you see stuff on there