Change XP x64 PID?

I have a legitimate, valid key I'd like to use, but no media.

However, everywhere I look, I can't find any info regarding XP x64. There's plenty out there for 32-bit XP, however.

I'm sure the procedure is 100% identical, but I'd like to know for certain, because when I try changing the PID in setupp.ini (which is in \AMD64 instead of \i386) for the media I downloaded from places best unknown (it is clean, however), nothing happens... it still won't accept the CD key I have (which comes from an Action Pack or something?)

So, let me know!

c

Your post makes no sense.  If you have no media than how can you change a pid.  If you have some media than what keys does it take oem, VLK, retail?  There also is no way to convert a 32bit source to 64 bit so don't think you can do that.  I am not sure if there is a way to convert 2003 server x54 to xp 64bit either, at least not as simply as changing the pid.

Also why do you not go search around beta archive for an ISO if you do in fact have a legit key that should be perfectly acceptable fair use.

I have also never heard of an action pack, there is a such thing as MSDN keys but I have never heard them refered to as that.  I think what I am trying to say is you don't know what you are talking about.  So its very hard to help you.  If you have a legit running x64 instal on a physical computer, why not just dig out the key with like jellybean finder.

You could alsways not really have a windows key but a Dell or OEM key like a HP key that in not actually a real key they may of used SLIC keys in the bios.

Edited by Destro