On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

10 hours ago, legacyfan said:

so the windows update website is working now? that will be so much better for downloading updates without having to manually install every update one at a time now-legacyfan

The Windows Update website works again like on the first day. Check out these pages.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,everybody! Now I'm setting a fresh installed Windows Server 2003 VM. I have already installed IE 8 and use the proxy can access the site. But when I search for updates,it returns me 0x80072f78(Firewall disabled,WU site). I also find that some updates on the guide can't be installed. How can I make it work? Do I need some other updates?

err_code.jpg

proxy_log.jpg

System_info.jpg

Edited by Great_Life
Add deatils

10 minutes ago, Great_Life said:

I'm sorry,but I can't find the patch in so many posts. Where is it?

Hello @Great_Life! All you need you'll find in my article: 

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

PS: In that thread, I have listed all existing methods to restore WU/MU.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

8 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thank you for the post.But I have already "installed" it. Some updates can't be installed after I apply PosReady.reg.(Maybe Windows Server 2003 doesn't support these updates?)(KB4467770, KB4019276, KB4493435)

18 minutes ago, Great_Life said:

Thank you for the post.But I have already "installed" it. Some updates can't be installed after I apply PosReady.reg.(Maybe Windows Server 2003 doesn't support these updates?)(KB4467770, KB4019276, KB4493435)

I have never used Windows Server 2003, but in the archive Restore_WU_XP.7z, there are updates for both OSs, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Try to install the failing updates manually!

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

28 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I have never used Windows Server 2003, but in the archive Restore_WU_XP.7z, there are updates for both OSs, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Try to install the failing updates manually!

If it doesn't work for you, try the method Legacy Update alternatively! Link

3 hours ago, Great_Life said:

I still can't access the site. Howerver,I will try Legacy Update instead. Thank you! :thumbup

Read my guide for Xp x64 edition and for Server 2003. My guide for Xp x64 and Server 2003 @AstroSkipper does not have in his guide. The problem is that ProxhttpsProxy v1.5 does not run properly on Xp x64 and Server 2003, so v1.3 must be used!

Edited by maile3241

11 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Read my guide for Xp x64 edition and for Server 2003. My guide for Xp x64 and Server 2003 @AstroSkipper does not have in his guide. The problem is that ProxhttpsProxy v1.5 does not run properly on Xp x64 and Server 2003, so v1.3 must be used!

Thank you so much!

16 hours ago, maile3241 said:

21 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

PS: In that thread, I have listed all existing methods to restore WU/MU.

21 hours ago, WULover said:

You need to install the Restore_WU_XP Patch 

Finally,it works! Thank you all!:cheerleader::worship:

5 hours ago, Great_Life said:

Finally,it works! Thank you all!:cheerleader::worship:

Now I can visit the site.But it searched for the updates for a long time.:huh:Is that normal? (At first I used Windows Update and it searched for about two hours? and then installed KB938759) Howerver,I'm going to sleep and try to search updates through Microsoft Update tomorrow.:realmad:

屏幕截图 2022-12-24 231258.jpg

屏幕截图 2022-12-24 231510.jpg

Edited by Great_Life
Add Deatils

Hello everybody! After I installed nearly all the updates of Windows Server 2003(including R2&.Net 2.0 SP1)(A Update Pack made by others online),the MU worked! I think it's not a good idea to leave so much updates for MU&WU.:buehehe::cheerleader:   PS:This post may help the people who have a fresh installed Windows XP&2K3(Also for myself!):D

屏幕截图 2022-12-25 221709.jpg