On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

1 hour ago, ward201185 said:

proxhttpsproxy v1.3a doesnt seem to force-reset the certs or replace the certs if they are invalid.

you can create a junk file and replace one of the .crt files and proxhttpsproxy v1.3a will simply error at the access of a website with the invalid certificate.

Did you read my short clarification? There isn't or hasn't been any automatical reset or forced reset of these dummy certificates. Resetting these certificates in the folder Certs always means to delete all of them manually. It doesn't matter which version of ProxHTTPSProxy:no:

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you read my short clarification? There isn't or hasn't been any automatical reset or forced reset of these dummy certificates. Resetting these certificates in the folder Certs always means to delete all of them manually. It doesn't matter which version of ProxHTTPSProxy:no:

i did read but it didnt seem clear enough to me unfortunately.

anyways, renaming the certs folder is just another way to fix the problem but its unnecessary as you said and i agree.

i dont want to tell people to delete stuff in case it leads to user error/mistakes.

Edited by ward201185

14 hours ago, ward201185 said:

i did read but it didnt seem clear enough to me unfortunately.

That should not be a problem at all. If you do not understand what I have written, use an online translation service like DeepLDeepL Translator link.gif In any case, it would be desirable not to spread information that does not correspond to the facts. This only confuses others and is in no way helpful. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 9/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, maile3241 said:

You need to add the certificate from ProxhttpsProxy to the local computer by importing it to the root certificates in the group policy editor.

Ok, I already did it.

On 9/25/2022 at 8:47 PM, AstroSkipper said:

This is an old, well-known error! For more information: 

BTW, it doesn't matter whether XP or Vista. Getting the error code 0x80072f8f while accessing the WU/MU website using ProxHTTPSProxy always means to install its CA certificate to Trusted Root Certification Authority under the account local computer.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

I use this step and then magic happensgambar.png

I use the MMC method because adding the cert into the local computer option isn't available but the important thing the site works like normal :D

6 minutes ago, LonghornXP said:

Ok, I already did it.

I use this step and then magic happensgambar.png

I use the MMC method because adding the cert into the local computer option isn't available but the important thing the site works like normal :D

Congrats! Glad it works for you! :)

On 9/22/2022 at 12:35 PM, WULover said:

Hello, now I get the error number 0XC00042D...

It was working 2 days ago, and now it doesn't Work...

I have all patches installed, and Proxhttpsproxy running.

It sent 3 requests to client.asmx and then stopped, with a message from the proxy "connection closed" or something like that.

This happens in Windows Update and Microsoft Update.

Send me a screenshot

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

You mistakenly thought for a while this topic is "Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5", correct?

Yep, you're right.

As I frequently talk in the wu restore topic, I made this stupid mistake...