On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

15 hours ago, Dave-H said:

@AstroSkipper

FWIW, the warnings in my Windows System Log about the AU system not being able to connect are still there.
:(

Hi @Dave-H, I'll publish a fix relating to AU and its notification pop-up shield in my new thread tonight. After applying my fix and instructions, these warnings shouldn't appear in your Windows System Log anymore. But one thing has to be mentioned: due to patched wuaueng.dll AU does not seem to be able to connect online with the Microsoft servers anymore. Only in offline mode AU detects updates, which seem to have been found in the last update search via MU website and cached. In my Windows System Log this error 16 doesn't appear anymore.

PS: Ready! Here is the link:

If you have any problems while applying my fix, please post it in my new thread! https://msfn.org/board/topic/183498-general-and-specific-solutions-for-problems-regarding-auwumu-in-windows-xp/

Kind regards, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

6 hours ago, WULover said:

Is it normal that Windows Update doesn't show beta programs ?

There can't and won't be any beta software to show, because Xp has been out of support since 2014 and W2k since 2010.:buehehe:

1 hour ago, maile3241 said:

There can't and won't be any beta software to show, because Xp has been out of support since 2014 and W2k since 2010.:buehehe:

Now I know, W2k eol in 2010 not in 2011 (I think is 2011 but it's 2010)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WULover said:

I have installed a fresh Windows 2000 VM, but I have error 0x80244019 in Windows Update and Microsoft Update.

Do you know a way to solve it?

Take a look at my instructions:

And here:

I did all the steps of this guide, and I read all the the content about Microsoft Windows 2000, I still have the same error, 0x80244019.

I've never had this error in the past in vms, only on my Compaq Presario 1200...