On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

Some times ago I made an iso image containing all updates of Office 2007 and 2010 by using WSUS Offline Update from www.wsusoffline.net. So I do not have to download all updates via MU if I want to install one of them. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper

7 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

All these problems with Microsoft Office, especially endless searches of Microsoft Update, incompatible updates and so on, made me stop installing Microsoft Office packages on Windows XP a long time ago.

the good news for me, i've using office 2003 and MU works fine

9 minutes ago, akams said:

error  0x80072F7D when using MU.

rootspud installed,ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e used,all hotfix needed installed.

why?

1342706632_2022-03-18181324.thumb.png.6e5a17bd4dbfe52ce726d55e8eb64151.png

windowsupdate.log says:

WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed for https://www.update.microsoft.com/v11/3/legacy/windowsupdate/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80072f7d

i think you skip a step

28 minutes ago, akams said:

error  0x80072F7D when using MU.

16 minutes ago, LonghornXP said:

i think you skip a step

I totally agree. Check if all steps of this "Complete guide for restoring Microsoft Update in IE" have been performed properly: 

Perform and verify each step! :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

3 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I totally agree. Check if all steps of this "Complete guide for restoring Microsoft Update in IE" have been performed properly: 

Perform and verify each step! :yes:

ok,i will try again.

24 minutes ago, akams said:

did all steps,still with this failure:

WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed for https://www.update.microsoft.com/v11/3/legacy/windowsupdate/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80072eff

Maybe you did all steps but did you verify each one deeply? Presumably your Windows Update Client hasn't been installed properly. Install it again. Then install patch and check if  the correct patched  version of "wuaueng.dll" exists in both folder system32 and system32\dllcache. In a lot of cases SFC replaces the patched version by an original one. Check if all registry entries have been added and so on. One thing I can say definitely: my guide is working and has been tested successfully. All people here who said "I did all steps" missed one or didn't verify carefully if all has been done correctly. Some posts above you can read such comments. Checking all is the first you should do.

i'm just wish if ProxHTTPSProxyMII will run in win2k 

AFAIK if ProxHTTPSProxyMII 1.3a (20150527) does not work in Win 2000, then unfortunately no chance. The only way is to install Win 2000 in a VM and let ProxHTTPSProxyMII run in your host system.

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 minute ago, AstroSkipper said:

AFAIK if ProxHTTPSProxyMII 1.3a (20150527) does not work in Win 2000, then unfortunately no chance. The only way is to install Win 2000 in a VM and let ProxHTTPSProxyMII run in your host system.

i'm gonna let ProxHTTPSProxy run in my 8.1 laptop to my win2k vm

Do I install the XP updates first and then install the POSReady updates? I read that you need to install the XP updates first (until its final set of updates released in 2014 obviously) and then you go ahead and install the POSReady updates since some POSReady updates require some XP updates to be installed.

9 minutes ago, WinGlass said:

Do I install the XP updates first and then install the POSReady updates? I read that you need to install the XP updates first (until its final set of updates released in 2014 obviously) and then you go ahead and install the POSReady updates since some POSReady updates require some XP updates to be installed.

Logically I would do that in this way. First all SP3 updates, then POSReady reg file and finally all POSReady updates. :yes: