On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

3 minutes ago, WinFX said:

It is not working

If your error code is still 0x80072f78, you have missed a step in my linked guide. Check if all has been performed properly, or better, do all step once again by verifying each step! The error code you have posted above has nothing to do with HTTPSProxy. Presumably one or more steps are missing or haven't been performed successfully. :)

Is it possible to get Windows Update v4 working from archive.org release?

And, when I go to Windows Update, I click on "Change settings", and click on "Windows Update Home" in the sidebar, IE change the encoding of the Homepage of WU. It's not normal, i've never had this problem in the past... :wacko:

Edited by WULover

14 hours ago, LonghornXP said:

hi, i'm new here

Welcome to the forum!  :) 
This thread is about restoring access to MU or WU in Windows XP  (Windows 2000 and Windows Vista too). If you only want to introduce yourself, then it's the wrong place here. You can do that there:  https://msfn.org/board/forum/76-introduce-yourself33/
Kind regards, AstroSkipper

Edited by AstroSkipper

So I installed XP on an old laptop of mine and ever since I installed Office 2010 on it Microsoft Update took about 10 minutes to check for updates, then I installed Office 2010 SP2 from MU/once it checked for updates and now Microsoft Update is taking a very long time to check for updates, it's been like 10 minutes now and it's still checking for updates, is this Office 2010's fault?

1 hour ago, WinGlass said:

So I installed XP on an old laptop of mine and ever since I installed Office 2010 on it Microsoft Update took about 10 minutes to check for updates, then I installed Office 2010 SP2 from MU/once it checked for updates and now Microsoft Update is taking a very long time to check for updates, it's been like 10 minutes now and it's still checking for updates, is this Office 2010's fault?

I think maybe yes After installing office 2010 It has a problem. I have removed office 2010 and tried to install office 2007. Windows Update had no problem with 2007 version, but 2010 turned out to be a problem. I tested on my old Pentium computer.

Edited by tpao12

On 3/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, WinGlass said:

i'm in 8 minutes scan in MU

Edited by LonghornXP

15 hours ago, tpao12 said:

I think maybe yes After installing office 2010 It has a problem. I have removed office 2010 and tried to install office 2007. Windows Update had no problem with 2007 version, but 2010 turned out to be a problem. I tested on my old Pentium computer.

Oh, is there a solution for the Office 2010 MU thing? If not I'll just uninstall Office 2010 and install Office 2007 then (but I want that to be my last resort). Thanks

1 hour ago, WinGlass said:

Oh, is there a solution for the Office 2010 MU thing? If not I'll just uninstall Office 2010 and install Office 2007 then (but I want that to be my last resort). Thanks

I haven't found any way to fix the problem.

Edited by tpao12

There are a huge number of post-SP2 updates for Office 2010.
It will take a very long time for Microsoft Update to find them and install them.
Leave it overnight and see how far it gets.
:)

All these problems with Microsoft Office, especially endless searches of Microsoft Update, incompatible updates and so on, made me stop installing Microsoft Office packages on Windows XP a long time ago. I use Softmaker Office 2016 Portable with all available features. It's totally sufficient for me. If I had to use Microsoft Office in Windows XP, I would install Office 2007. Older software is often a better choice in an old operating system. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper