On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

21 minutes ago, WULover said:

I think we Can use Windows Update in IE6 but it's pretty difficult.

No, definitely not. You can' t use IE 6. IE 8 is needed exclusively to access MU web site. Or use WSUS server method if it is working in your system. Unfortunately, there is and will not be another solution. I gave you a lot of tips how to solve your problem. There is no more to say. IE 6 is outdated, unsupported and crap. :thumbdown  Sorry, truth has to be told! :yes:

9 minutes ago, WULover said:

I know it's working with Windows Internet Explorer 7, I will try with it.

I don't know what's your problem. Forget about IE 7 and install IE 8! If installation of IE 8 doesn't work, then your system is faulty and a fresh new installation is necessary. Internet Explorer is crap generally but if we need it then, please the latest version. And there is basically no problem with IE 8 in Windows XP.

Do you actually mean "can't install" or just "can't use"?
Having a low powered computer shouldn't stop you installing IE8, or anything else, although obviously performance might well be poor.
As you will presumably only be using IE8 to access Windows Update or Microsoft Update, does this matter?
Surely you wouldn't use it for normal web use anyway, as most websites no longer work with it!
:dubbio:

15 hours ago, WULover said:

l use Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 French on a Compaq Presario 1200, and I want to use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 because IE7 & 8 doesn't Work on my Computer.

Well. those notebooks were designed for Windows 9x! Some of those Compaq models have an option to expand RAM to 320 MB, running IE8 should be possible also with 192 MB RAM , but if you have only 64 MB RAM with no possibility to expand it, you should better forget about Windows XP and more modern software.

Edited by Usher

My computer has been designed for Microsoft Windows Millenium Edition Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional & Microsoft Windows XP.

Because Windows Me isn't a good OS, I decided to change it.

And I installed Windows XP (I upgraded to 320MB of RAM yesterday, so the RAM problem doesn't exist anymore).

Then In installed IE8 and it gave me and error:

0x80072F78

9 hours ago, WULover said:

My computer has been designed for Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional & Microsoft Windows XP.

I do not know of any Presario 1200 laptops that were even existing in the Windows XP era, let alone designed for it or preinstalled with it. I have 2 Presario 1200XLs, and Windows ME indeed does not run very well on them, probably due to some driver instability. They should also run Windows 98 and 2000 acceptably. They aren't exactly going to be very great as XP machines, with no more than 320MB of RAM and usually a Pentium-III based Celeron.

But, they should run any normal aspect of XP: there is no reason IE8 wouldn't work and I doubt it will be any slower for the very few sites that they are both capable of rendering.

10 hours ago, WULover said:

I upgraded to 320MB of RAM yesterday, so the RAM problem doesn't exist anymore)

If I wanted to use such old hardware with only 320MB of RAM, I would install a lightweight version of Linux such as Q4OS (Trinity Desktop). You can find it here: https://q4os.org/ 
In my opinion Windows XP can be installed on such hardware, and simple things can be done there, but it won't be fun if you want to use such a system basically. Modern software have much higher RAM consumption than older one. For surfing the WWW for example you need modern browsers and your size of RAM will let the system extremely slowing down or freezing completely. And an OS like Windows ME is unfortunately no solution either. I have such a Win ME partition too, but surfing the modern web doesn't make any fun or any sense at all.

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

2 hours ago, WULover said:

When I Launch the Proxy, Windows says that the program have to be closed and the Proxy close.

Did you set up the proxy properly following the instructions? How did you start the proxy? Which version of Windows XP is installed in your computer? What is the state of updates? No detailed information, no help is possible! And I wrote a lot before, but no statements from you what I suggested: OnePiece Windows XP Post-SP3 UpdatePack, Linux Q4OS (Trinity Desktop) and so on. Truth be told, not much fun helping you!