Thank You Big Muscle For New Aero Glass beta Build 1.5.11.1606 for 1903

evgnb

On 7/1/2019 at 3:58 PM, swimm12984 said:

I have the same problem. 1903 for me as well

Annotation 2019-07-01 155605.jpg

I wonder if part of my problem is that I don't have a symbols folder. This indicates no such symbol download is occurring for me. Would anyone mind uploading their current symbol files and their correct directories? I'd like to see if that helps. (Edit for context: My issue is that there are no blur, color or opacity options taking effect. I'm able to apply theme atlas png files just fine but otherwise, completely transparent and very difficult to reconcile between multiple open windows)

Edited by swimm12984
updated with context

11 hours ago, swimm12984 said:

I wonder if part of my problem is that I don't have a symbols folder. This indicates no such symbol download is occurring for me. Would anyone mind uploading their current symbol files and their correct directories?

Have you updated to Aero Glass 1.5.12 yet? Regarding symbols, see:

I guess they're not needed right now with the latest AG version, though they'll likely be needed after some future Windows update.

8 minutes ago, evgnb said:

No. It's just 1.5.11 build 1611, if you see DLL version info. It isn't 1.5.12.

But it works without symbols on latest Windows 10 build 18362.239 and without any messages of incompatibles...

On 7/29/2019 at 8:31 PM, evgnb said:

No. It's just 1.5.11 build 1611, if you see DLL version info. It isn't 1.5.12.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:41 PM, CKyHC said:

But it works without symbols on latest Windows 10 build 18362.239 and without any messages of incompatibles...

Just a minor inconsistency in version numbering between installer and the actual DLL. Either way, it's a full blown fresh new release build compatible with Win10 1903. :)

On 7/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, UCyborg said:

Have you updated to Aero Glass 1.5.12 yet? Regarding symbols, see:

I guess they're not needed right now with the latest AG version, though they'll likely be needed after some future Windows update.

Thank you much! Unfortunately, the downloaded file won't install. Anyone have this zipped up at all?

Edit: found the zipped up file HERE.

Edited by swimm12984

On 7/30/2019 at 8:39 AM, RaphaelGreen said:

@bigmuscle Thank you very much !

Only one question, Do you plan to return the "back button" to the metro application? Sometimes it not so comfortable to use, without this button.

It depends where there is some official way to initiate "go back" action. There is undocumented WinAPI message, but Microsoft changes the message ID with every new build.

But I'm not even sure if it makes sense to maintain glass frame for UWP apps, because blur effect is already there.

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, CKyHC said:

ModernFrame is on the DWMGlass.dll allready long time.

You must use theme atlas and register DWMGlass.dll by this command from AG folder:

regsvr32.exe DWMGlass.dll

Yeah for me it doesn't theme the entire title bar on most modern apps due to the fact that it is discontinued. Only 1 or 2 modern apps are themeable with it now. I use to love the modern frame support, was bummed when it got nerfed.