Installing Windows XP on Bay Trail-M CPU

FantasyAcquiesce

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

I'm thinking you might not be integrating into your XP install ISO correctly

are you replacing acpi.sy_ in the \I386 folder, rebuilding ISO with nlite, then starting setup?

Windows XP setup was already done and integrated drivers through nlite, then I simply extracted all Windows XP files in their own folder. After that, I simply enter the i386 folder and replace the acpi.sy_ file.

Afterwards, I use WinSetupFromUSB 1.8. Using Rufus and others never worked.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

20 hours ago, Damnation said:

I think it's best to start XP setup again from scratch

I would suggest using Easy2Boot

http://www.easy2boot.com/download/

I assume you have a spare USB drive to use

put my XP ISO with ACPI patched in _ISO\WINDOWS\XP

Yikes, this program doesn't appear too user-friendly. Maybe it's just my eyes at 12AM being overwhelmed by the amount of instructions. I'll try looking at a youtube tutorial tomorrow and attempt this.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: I can also conform that the installations I made are not faulty. Ironically, my HP Pavilion 23-q127c will install just fine using the same usb installation...my AIO (Inspiron 20 3043) that refused to boot was a Haswell I believe. Ironically, my 23-q127c is about two years newer yet installs ACPI just fine...hmmm...

https://imgur.com/a/mqOGj0e

Perhaps I'll dual-boot Windows 10/7/xp on my other desktop.

Edit 2: Okay, it installed on my other desktop then gave me the BSoD error...it claims it's not ACPI compliant...unlike the Dell Inspiron, my main desktop installed XP without a problem...hmmm

I gotta use my laptop for now until I repair this.

Edit 3: Okay, it seems the modified ACPI.sys allowed Windows XP to install on my 23-q127c, but does not prevent ACPI BSoD upon boot. A stock Windows XP w/ SATA/ACHI drivers won't even give me the option to format the disk or install. I might try using Windows 7 and see if that changes anything.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

• dencorso changed the title to Installing Windows XP on Bay Trail-M CPU

Woo-hoo! My 23-q127c works perfectly with Windows XP, thanks to Damnation's custom mods! But I still have one tiny question..
Windows XP over Windows 10 any day!!!
BwNCbNV.png

Will the lack of ACPI driver here potentially cause damages to the pc overtime? Just double checking!
s32pxkt.png

It's really odd my 2013 haswell computer (Dell) can't run Windows XP, but my 2015 (HP) one can...

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Glad to see you got it working,

It won't cause any damage, the only thing I can think of is that there might be some obscure piece of hardware that might not work without that embedded controller, I don't know of any such hardware though.

9 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Will the lack of ACPI driver here potentially cause damages to the pc overtime? Just double checking!

Perhaps the computer will not go into sleep mode and hibernation.

46 minutes ago, ED_Sln said:

Perhaps the computer will not go into sleep mode and hibernation.

It still can despite that.

Unlike Windows 10, XP will actually keep itself dimmed when hibernating and won't turn back on randomly.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Windows XP works nearly perfectly! Is there a way I can fix annoying rendering errors and momentary lag? For example, when I switch tabs, a bunch of glitched squares of the previous window/tab appear until the page has a second to load be interacted with. Textures can be missing for a moment...

I might try upgrading to Vista or 7 and see if that fixes anything. Being stuck on DirectX 9 is a bit of a drag when playing PCSX2.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

15 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

For example, when I switch tabs, a bunch of glitched squares of the previous window/tab appear until the page has a second to load be interacted with.

Tabs in the browser? Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser settings.

This is such an odd pc. Windows 7 will install on my Dell Inspiron, BUT will reset upon booting (never gets past boot screen). Afterwards, I'm sent back to the menu whether I want to start Windows 7 normally or in safe mode...

What could the problem be?

Most likely some kind of standard driver causes BSOD. Try selecting the option "Disable reboot in case of system failure" in the boot menu. Then the BSOD will be shown, and perhaps it will indicate the reason.