Installing Windows XP on Bay Trail-M CPU

FantasyAcquiesce

The title pretty much says it all as usual.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 20 Model 3043 (All-in-one) computer and I'm hoping to use XP over Windows 8.1. It's CPU is a Intel Celeron N2830 (Silvermont).

So far...
Took a look at this topic: 

Now I've used WinSetupFromUSB 1.8, auto-formatted with FBinst and used a Windows XP folder. Now the problem is SATA drivers...
Drivers from here didn't work (tried 32-bit drivers) (testing other drivers still)
https://www.win-raid.com/t22f45-Guide-Integration-of-Intels-AHCI-RAID-drivers-into-a-Windows-XP-W-k-W-k-CD.html

The problem is now ACPI...the bios won't allow me to turn it off...

Any suggestions?

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

11 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

The title pretty much says it all as usual.

I've tried disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot as well. However, a rufus pen drive will not boot!

Any suggestions?

usb has to be fat32 with MBR and have UEFI bootloader file in there you can only access it from F12 boot menu and it has to be in before u turn it on... You might not be able to use legacy mode even tho its a option because its dell. You might also have to install a grub boot loader to facilitate booting to XP from UEFI etc. unless u are going to dual boot like win 7 and xp and installed 7 1st. 

try  BOOTICE

Edited by Destro

11 hours ago, Destro said:

usb has to be fat32 with MBR and have UEFI bootloader file in there you can only access it from F12 boot menu and it has to be in before u turn it on... You might not be able to use legacy mode even tho its a option because its dell. You might also have to install a grub boot loader to facilitate booting to XP from UEFI etc. unless u are going to dual boot like win 7 and xp and installed 7 1st. 

try  BOOTICE

This AIO computer does allow me to choose between legacy and the other option. I'm currently reattempting with more SATA drivers.

33 minutes ago, Destro said:

The drivers I tried worked but now I get an ACPI bsod...f7 did not help

"Windows xp installation bios in system is not fully acpi compliant"
Stop: 0x000000A5

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

13 minutes ago, Destro said:

some kinda modded ACPI sys file here wonder if it helps.

How do I integrate it into my XP installation using NTlite? I cannot thank you enough for this!

I just need to figure out HOW I can integrate this into a Windows XP installation!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

44 minutes ago, Destro said:

should be able to recompress it, like if it was on the cd and replace the old one.  should ask Dietmar if it even works. or how to make it work.

I found the location, I just need to figure out how to recompress it:thumbup

The compression method of the file is "LZX:21"

Normally, I would just make a 7zip archive...but I doubt XP's installer is capable of extracting that type of format
The Microsoft link is broken without an archived page!!!
http://xavprods.free.fr/lzx/

Let's see how making a generic compressed folder in windows then giving it the .SY_ extension goes...
That didn't work...installation said the file was corrupt T_T

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Another method I tried was pressing f5 and setting the computer to "Basic PC". I also tried pressing f7 to disable ACPI...
Both took me a step further, but now I have a 0x0000007B error.

Windows 8 is currently installed...is that causing the issue? I also cannot set BIOS to ATA instead of ACPI...

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

It's indeed possible :) After two days ^o^

You will need the latest bios, these SATA drivers, CABARC or cabpack 1.4, NTLite, WinSetupFromUsb 1.8, Dietmar's ACPI.sys, and a flash drive

https://www.win-raid.com/t22f45-Guide-Integration-of-Intels-AHCI-RAID-drivers-into-a-Windows-XP-W-k-W-k-CD.html (site where SATA drivers were found)

1. Press f2 while PC is booting and enable legacy mode, disable any other mode(s). Make USB the first to boot.
2. Get a Windows XP disc, copy out all files except for one that says "boot".
3. Obtain the ACPI.sys file, use cabpack 1.4 to convert the file into a LZX format archive. Then rename it to "ACPI.SY_" and replace original ACPI.SY found in the i386 folder.
4. Setup an NTLite installation for Windows XP, bundle the SATA drivers (Go to drivers folder, NOT the 64 one and click the inf file). Include all drivers :)
5. Once NTLite is done, use WinSetupFromUsb to create a bootable flash drive.
6. Auto format with FBinst, check add XP to disk, include the folder changed by NTLite.
7. Set pendrive, use in computer, but make sure to press f7 quickly after selecting XP installation. You will have to manually turn off the computer after the partition is set. It may freeze the first time booting afterward, but it's all good.

Warning: eye-candy ahead ;)

480GdEn.jpg

No poor PC should be forced to run a bloated Vista/7/8/10 when there's a perfectly speedy XP ;) Unfortunately, I don't think this will work with Windows 2000 because the drivers work on XP, but 2000.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

I stand corrected, the system still needs a bunch of improvements! Windows XP will only see 2 out of 4gb of ram, depends on a generic video driver, has really slow performance, needs an audio driver, get ACPI fixed, needs a wireless card driver, and apparently a floppy disk driver as well!

The chipset driver especially is annoying!

Despite this, the chipset driver and webcam appears to work perfectly xD

In the worst case scenario, I could just use Vista or 7 instead and remove components. Maybe Linux, if this whole thing doesn't work out :(

All driverpack suggestions will be highly appreciated! Auto, online, offline, or manual!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

:cheerleader:xps not going to see more than 3gb ram anyways without a kernel patch, dibya has one hes working on that is supposedly better than the old Chinese 64g one might want to investigate that.  maybe message dibya.

sounded to me that baytrail was based on ivybridge and the IGP was a stripped down version of that so maybe some modded HD graphics driver from ivy bridge base could be forced to work.  From what i read is that it is weak i mean its not very strong anyways,

so u need a modded Haswell / Ivy Bridge / BayTrail Driver

look here for help https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24340-intel-gma-drivers/#entry147393

Edited by Destro

1 hour ago, Destro said:

:cheerleader:xps not going to see more than 3gb ram anyways without a kernel patch, dibya has one hes working on that is supposedly better than the old Chinese 64g one might want to investigate that.  maybe message dibya.

sounded to me that baytrail was based on ivybridge and the IGP was a stripped down version of that so maybe some modded HD graphics driver from ivy bridge base could be forced to work.  From what i read is that it is weak i mean its not very strong anyways,

so u need a modded Haswell / Ivy Bridge / BayTrail Driver

look here for help https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24340-intel-gma-drivers/#entry147393

Please link me to an XP driver!

ALl haswell and ivybridge GPUs are supported but you will have to modify the driver yourself to make it work if it could work

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22875/eng/WinXP32.zip

or

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22642/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-XP-exe-?product=97499

so you would have to mod the IGXP32.inf find a driver that supports baytrail on like win 7 and compare the drivers and copy the strings from one file to the other file or somthing like that.

I have heard that its not possible to get GMA 4400 to work but baytrail is not 4400.

Edited by Destro