Chrome 74 - Glass no longer supported in title bars!

JTB3

On 9/10/2019 at 2:24 AM, innuendo33 said:

Don't know if it's your case but supported somebody yesterday to fix that and modded shortcut still worked fine since I disabled custom Chrome theme back to default. Otherwise it doesn't .

I cant seem to find that setting 

3 minutes ago, gitit20 said:

I cant seem to find that setting 

Did you have a look in Chrome settings ? it should display you set a custom theme if so , then you can set it to default one. ( I can't screen it as I'm not using a custom theme to show you  :/ 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2019 at 4:17 AM, innuendo33 said:

Did you have a look in Chrome settings ? it should display you set a custom theme if so , then you can set it to default one. ( I can't screen it as I'm not using a custom theme to show you  :/ 

I set a theme then set it back to default, sadly it didn't work. not sure why but nothing works at all now on chrome zero zip nata. I have even done a complete reload of windows and still cant get it to work with chrome wont work with Firefox or edge.  it works everywhere else though. not sure what the deal is. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 2:45 PM, torrewaffer said:

Is it possible to make the unselected tabs transparent instead of white? It looks very weird when they're white.

you can use the theme to change the color of unselected tabs, I use the "Edgy Light" theme from the Chrome Web Store, and with the Windows 7 Atlas, theme looks exactly like in Windows 7.

here is the theme:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/edgy-light/hiejfgolnaceciaifhdejmgdlmdfbblg

p.s Chromium Edge can use themes from Chrome web store.

And here's what it looks like:

y71yW9o.png

Edited by nidjo2oo1

• 4 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 12:53 PM, JTB3 said:

Chrome was recently updated to version 74 and appears to no longer support native W10 title bars (and the AeroGlass effect).  The #windows10-custom-titlebar flag is also no longer available along with the ability to 'Disable' it.

Does anyone know of an alternative/workaround to re-enable AeroGlass support for the new Chrome 74 title bars? :(

Just use the Chrome Flag --disable-windows10-custom-titlebar

You can add it to Chrome's Target path in the properties window like so:

Default Path: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Updated Path: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-windows10-custom-titlebar

Adding the flag this way still works with Chrome.

Edited by JoshuaVL1988

• 4 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 2:28 PM, UCyborg said:

I checked the code, they just changed the command line parameter for disabling custom title bar. The correct parameter in newer Chromium browsers is -disable-windows10-custom-titlebar The decision is made in chrome/browser/win/titlebar_config.cc.

Hey, whats the new command? the old command and your command isnt working anymore.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:35 AM, JoshuaVL1988 said:

Just use the Chrome Flag --disable-windows10-custom-titlebar

You can add it to Chrome's Target path in the properties window like so:

Default Path: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Updated Path: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-windows10-custom-titlebar

Adding the flag this way still works with Chrome.

is this still working for you? its not working for me.