NOD32 Antivirus Software

paul3vanz

Hello beeker!

you made things much clear, many thanks! :thumbup I thought that my config.xml already contains setting from my installation but it seems it doesn`t...so I`ll use e.g. your config.xml in cfgedit exactly as you mentioned...

I was only wondering why your and galvanocentric`s config.xml doesn`t show update rows (login&password) so I was not sure how to register NOD during installation....now it seems you and galvanotronic uses different way of registration (via .reg file) or you and galvanotronic didn`t attach full config.xml files...

I have an old version of NOD program which updates after installation - I mean not only virus signatures but also program components... I`m also interesting how to get update files from NOD mirror into newly installed XP from UA cd...

I use RunOnceEx method of install....

embe

Edited by embe

So...finally I managed it to work. Everything runs since first start, IMON, AMON,DMON etc...also updated signatures included copied into C:\Program files...; also mirror set to C:\Program Files\Este\Mirror...

Threat sense turned off...works excellent but it seems or even I`m almost sure that whatever switch I used it fully or partially ignores my config.xml file. After 1st restart I checked update option - it started updating immediately but it didn`t ask me for login and pasword which is strange as login and password boxes were empty and no signs of login/password in registry...strange.

So I exported everything necessary from physical machine`s registry and put this into RunOnceEx to add these values into registry. Now it works perfectly. I`ll try remove config.xml and will see what will happen. Installation seems ingoring it as Mirror has also been set in my cfg and it didn`t set it up during installation...very strange....

Edited by embe

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

ESET NOD32 v2.70.32 :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Kernel]

"SampleEnable"=dword:00000001

"SampleSendType"=dword:00000000

"UnwantedEnabled"=dword:00000000

These reg keys will bypass the dialogs that shows upon first reboot after an unattended installation. I use some other keys additionally, since i prefer to have the splash screen disabled and silent mode enabled etc. If you can't locate the keys yourself, then i will be happy to provide them to anyone wanting them.

The keys explained :

'SampleEnable' enables 'ThreatSence.Net'.

'SampleSendType' sets 'ThreatSence.Net' to submit suspecious files as quickly as possible after you have said OK to send them. This is also done during a normal installation when you enable ThreatSence.Net. If you omit this key, then suspecious files will be sent first at next signature update after you have said OK to send them

'UnwantedEnabled' disables detection of unwanted applications.

I have on purpose left out the key which enables the sending of statistical information to ESET.

Also, the config.xml file should be able to configure those registry settings as you can see the similarities in this excerpt from a config.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<NOD32SETUP>
<SETUPINFO>
<SETTINGS TIMESTAMP="7" ID="36031223">
<PLUGIN ID="6C504343">
<DATA>
<NODE NAME="Config000" TYPE="SUBNODE">
<NODE NAME="Settings" TYPE="SUBNODE">
<NODE NAME="DontShowSplash" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="1" />
<NODE NAME="FirstUnwantedSetting" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="1" />
<NODE NAME="StatisticsEnabled" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="0" />
<NODE NAME="SampleEnable" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="0" />
<NODE NAME="SampleSendType" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="1" />
<NODE NAME="SampleLog" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="0" />
<NODE NAME="UnwantedEnabled" TYPE="DWORD" VALUE="1" />
</NODE>
</NODE>
</DATA>
</PLUGIN>

I personally install NOD32 with a 7z SFX installer which consists of the NOD32 installer, a reg file and a batch file :

start /wait nod32.exe /silentmode

regedit /s nod32.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Common]

"SilentMode"=dword:00000001

"GraphicMode"=dword:00000000

"DontShowSplash"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Kernel]

"SampleEnable"=dword:00000001

"SampleSendType"=dword:00000000

"UnwantedEnabled"=dword:00000000

This will bypass the prompt about if you want to enable ThreatSence.NET and the detection of unwanted applications and then it disables the splash screen, enables silent mode and disables the custom graphical user interface. Of course AMON, IMON and all the other engines are all fully enabled and activated.

Edited by Martin H

• 1 month later...

'ndntenst.exe' : Standard(non-admin) english retail edition for NT/2K/XP/Vista.

'nentenst.exe' : Standard(non-admin) english trial edition for NT/2K/XP/Vista.

Yes, both editions uses the same reg entries and accepts the '/silentmode' switch.

Edited by Martin H

Guys I have a question for you (maybe is not the right topic):

What settings I have to enable in Nod32 to scan accesed files (like BitDefender).

I downloaded files infected with viruses from a local hub, but NOD 32 does not alert with

nothing. When I scanned those files it found viruses, but not when I downloaded.

I checked all settings in NOD32 (in IMON and others), but nothing.