Microsoft Edge Chromium (Updated: March 27th, 2024)

steven4554

Microsoft Edge Chromium Stable, Beta, Dev and Canary downloads

All Channels are supported on x64 and x86* on Windows 10 and 11. ARM64 is supported on both Windows 10 and 11!

*There is no x86 version of Windows 11, thus not supported!

Stable - v123.0.2420.65
x64, x86 and arm64: Microsoft Edge Setup  -  Without Telemetry          

Beta - v123.0.2420.65
x64, x86 and arm64: Microsoft Edge Beta Setup - Without telemetry (Major Updates Every 4 Weeks)

Dev - v124.0.2478.6
x64, x86 and arm64: Microsoft Edge Dev Setup - Without telemetry (Updated Weekly)

Canary - v125.0.2488.0
x64, x86 and arm64: Microsoft Edge Canary Setup - Without telemetry (Updated Daily, except for weekends)

-------------------------------------------

Microsoft Edge Enterprise and group policies

Stable - v123.0.2420.65

x64: Download                                                                                                                                                             

x86: Download

arm64: Download 

Group Policy Template: Download

------------------------------------

Surfing game is available to play, just enter this URL: edge://surf

------------------------------------

System Requirements:-

Supported operating systems: Windows 10 and Windows 11

Supported Server OS: Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022 and 2025

Edited by steven4554

edge had sidebar, though it was crappy and basic

edge chrome like all chrome browsers has no native sidebar (opera one doesn't count as it's crap)

for me a sidebar is 100% required.

Edited by RanCorX2

On 4/18/2019 at 12:37 AM, albator said:

I really like the new edge based on chromium. People should try it out.

I've been using it on my Windows 7 laptop for the past two weeks and I've gotta say that I'm really impressed with it and I really like it. It seems to be in fact faster than many other browsers and it works very well for me.

It’s still kinda irks me that MS decided to go with everyone else. Even further to a browser monoculture I guess, even if Edge wasn’t popular due to bad launch and the IE stigma attached to it, it wasn’t really horrible as a whole and IMO was reasonable on lower end PCs (which seems to be the target of modern windows)

@digzu I agree.

It seems that, among desktop PCs/laptops, there are three choices: Firefox based (which won't be much of an option much longer, with the way they keep jerking off their loyal user base by removing basic features that basically define what Firefox is; without those features (XUL/legacy extensions and advanced UI customization abilities, to name a couple), Firefox is little more than a distantly-related variant of Chromium), Chromium based or Apple's Safari (which is Webkit based; I believe Webkit is a derivative of Chromium, or vice versa, so maybe this one doesn't count?) I'm not sure what Opera is based on, but I think current versions are Chromium based, yes?

Anyway, I suppose it's not unprecedented (look at the first "browser wars": we had IE and Netscape. All the others were marginalized, with tiny slivers of market share-- much the same as now, it seems....)

I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's just the way things have always been, practically since the beginning of the modern Internet (the first few years were quite free, but then MS became interested and wanted to control the browser market, and the rest, as they say, is history. Others tried to compete (most notably, Netscape), but ultimately, MS was too big and powerful for them. Somewhat like Google now (Google basically invented Chromium, and my understanding is that they license out the Chromium sources, hence why we have so many different versions of it).

c

Chromium’s engine is forked off WebKit, which in turn is forked off KHTML.

Nowadays everything has to be centralised and dumbed down (since around 2012 actually it seems this has been since, and more rapidly increasing since 2016 or so), for the average “social media addict” aka “teenager” while throwing out any kind of learning curve style learning, just giving everything on demand at the inconvenience of choice.

is it 64bit? 32bit apps are hackers paradise

plugins for anti spyware ans selective script blocking do not put holes allowing hired hackers on social media to bork desktop apps like firefox x86 x64?

Edited by ZaPbUzZ
more info

On 8/25/2019 at 11:45 PM, ZaPbUzZ said:

is it 64bit? 32bit apps are hackers paradise

plugins for anti spyware ans selective script blocking do not put holes allowing hired hackers on social media to bork desktop apps like firefox x86 x64?

Yes there are three CPU architecture versions available: x64, x86 and arm64. When you run the online setup it will automatically detect what version of Windows you are running and download the correct version for your system.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, nick99nack said:

Yawn. Another Chrome. MS should have kept developing EdgeHTML if they were going to stay in the browser market.

unfortunately for MS, EdgeHTML was a bust as it was Win10 only and never really competed in the browser market

Edge Chromium on the other hand works with Win7, 8.x & 10