How many will continue using XP?

sparty411

Now that we have finally reached EOL, I am curious to know how many people will continue to use Windows XP. I for one, will. However, I do use GNU/Linux, and newer versions of Windows for certain software that is not compatible with XP.

3 hours ago, sparty411 said:

Now that we have finally reached EOL, I am curious to know how many people will continue to use Windows XP. I for one, will. However, I do use GNU/Linux, and newer versions of Windows for certain software that is not compatible with XP.

Well..it's actually been 5 years since XP's end of life. However, I'll continue to use it for my old programs and hardware. It continues to do the job it was designed to do, so in my eyes it's not any more obsolete than it was 5 years ago.

I just bought a brand new all in one HP printer back in August that is compatible with Windows XP, as are many printers and hardware devices being sold on the market. It's like my checkbook...there are still useful situations I use that for too! :buehehe:

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

I'll keep using XP until Ryzen 3xxx series come out.

You will not build browser for us???

As for me , I will not leave XP not in next 20 years

Edited by Dibya

5 hours ago, luweitest said:

As long as this Thinkpad X61 serves me well, I will continue using XP. How is a notebook's normal lifetime?

Thinkpads are tougher than cockroaches 😂 that thing will never die. 

7 hours ago, sdfox7 said:

Well..it's actually been 5 years since XP's end of life. However, I'll continue to use it for my old programs and hardware. It continues to do the job it was designed to do, so in my eyes it's not any more obsolete than it was 5 years ago.

I just bought a brand new all in one HP printer back in August that is compatible with Windows XP, as are many printers and hardware devices being sold on the market. It's like my checkbook...there are still useful situations I use that for too! :buehehe:

Ah, true. I forgot that official EOL was April 2014. 

9 minutes ago, caliber said:

so in 2020 you will not release NM28 updates anymore ?

AMD-CPU-architecture-roadmap.png

Asked and answered:

19 hours ago, roytam1 said:

I'll keep using XP until Ryzen 3xxx series come out.

18 hours ago, Dibya said:

You will not build browser for us???

As for me , I will not leave XP not in next 20 years

15 hours ago, roytam1 said:

no, I'll still build browsers weekly.

Edited by Mathwiz

I have no intention whatsoever to ditch XP so soon.  It serves all my needs nicely. I have been using it since july 2010 ( after my pc running win2k pro went kaput ) . In 2011, I got another pc win7 pro but I hardly use it. Actually my trouble and strife does but believe it or not she prefers my xp :lol:. I would like to thank you all for your invaluable contribution and help.

17 hours ago, Tangy said:

I have no intention whatsoever to ditch XP so soon.  It serves all my needs nicely. I have been using it since july 2010 ( after my pc running win2k pro went kaput ) . In 2011, I got another pc win7 pro but I hardly use it. Actually my trouble and strife does but believe it or not she prefers my xp :lol:. I would like to thank you all for your invaluable contribution and help.

Likewise, I've been using XP since roughly 2006, and I have no intention of giving it up any time soon. MS will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 9:09 PM, sparty411 said:

Well I'll be sticking with XP and Win 7 along with the Chinese Android TV box and Opensuse running MATE, since Fedora and the other once useful Linux Distros have pretty much been ruined by the Gnome 3-using Teletubbies that escaped from the TV show these days.

Edited by c.lee

3 hours ago, c.lee said:

Well I'll be sticking with XP and Win 7 along with the Chinese Android TV box and Opensuse running MATE, since Fedora and the other once useful Linux Distros have pretty much been ruined by the Gnome 3-using Teletubbies that escaped from the TV show these days.

You can still use GNOME Classic on Fedora, you just have to decide it when you log in, after booting. You can choose GNOME Xorg, GNOME Wayland or GNOME Classic.

For the records, I don't really like the tabled/android-like feel of the "recent" version of GNOME.