The desktop of Windows 8 (9200) logs me out after installing Big Muscle's aero glass.

Usuari

Good afternoon,

I've had problems when installing the aeroglass of Big Muscle on a VMWare Workstation VM. After it installs and you reboot, you become unable to open the desktop, which is an extremely strange thing, because judging from other people's experiences it can be installed without giving any problem on a physical computer. I thought that the problem might lay on something related to the Secure Boot of the BIOS, which is impossible since the VM uses an old type of BIOS which is not EFI or UEFI. The desktop just logs you out after opening it. I've also attached a link containing a short video which shows how the desktop logs me out, I cannot attach it here since only files which are smaller than 0.5mb are allowed.

https://mega.nz/#!urJxgaoY!5GJQ3mGMizZZdTm8EmWa8ZkNYeD2CjnSDq2WZauxuyI

Edited by Usuari

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't heard about that problem before. I get very obvious visual anomalies on my end, something to do with lack of certain optimizations that only later versions of Aero Glass have. The problem is more profound when ran on virtual machine due to worse graphics performance.

Maybe there's something interesting in C:\AeroGlass\debug.log and in Event Viewer. You should be able to reboot to Safe Mode and access those things from there.

• 1 month later...