Can't delete "SOME" icons and pictures on desktop.

mike13

I just copied  some pictures from my camera to my new computer desktop in File Explorer, which I often do. I just tried to delete one of those pictures, can't do it. I right click on the picture, scroll down and then left click DELETE. Nothing happens. Then I tried to DRAG it to the RECYCLE bin. It goes over to the RECYCLE bin, but then comes back.  Problem two. on my OLD computer, I opened up about 20 sites, and then copied those addresses to a Word document.  Then I opened up that Word document on my NEW computer and copied those address to my NEW computer desktop. The address all work,  but I noticed that I can not delete ANY of those 20 address either. Tried the normal way, right click, choose delete etc, and even dragging the address to the recycle bin. It just comes back. Suggestions, please. 

Update----I just copied more pictures from my camera to my desktop.  Then I WAS able to delete them from the desktop as I had done in the past. Then I retried to delete the four pictures that I had there from yesterday. It seems like the ONE that I actually copied that day, I could delete it. The other three I could not. I remember that the other three actually came from me doing something similar to the way I copied all the email addresses to a word document, and then to my desktop from the word document.

Tripredaucus----Thanks for the reply. I did not really want to delete anything, I just wondered why I could not. Anyway, I clicked on each of those icon and opened the webpage associated with it. I then did a copy / paste back to the desktop. It naturally told me I already had something on the desktop with that name, and did I want to REPLACE it. I chose yes, and now all is fine. If I want, I can move the icon to the recycle bin and delete it, or I can just right click on the icon, and delete it. I just have to do that same process with the other 19 icons, but that is OK. It seems like the whole problem was due to me copying the address to a Word document, and then to the desktop. Anyway, all is good. Thanks again for your suggestions and help.  Mike