Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware? [Testing thread]

@Dave-H: Good to here your system is stable with the 16-bits HDA driver. I still have no definitive opinion regarding stability issues, but I will do thourough testing with Virtualbox, no real risks involved (thanks to UCyborg)...

Working with an unknown system was stimulating, especially with such a careful tester. :hello: Gave me some new insights and idea's too.

As a sort of spinoff from this project I made three quasi-universal versions of HDAICOUT.HDA. Instructions which one to choose inside.

Especially useful if there is the Sound of Silence after installation of the driver.

Hdaicout.hda.000

Hdaicout.hda.100

Hdaicout.hda.200

Did anyone try to make it work with ALC1220? When I tried to do it I had "High Definition Audio Controller" in "System Devices" section, but nothing in multimedia section, and there was no sound.

Here's my HDAcfg.ini

HDAcfg.ini

@tyukok: My INF-file doesn't make an entrance in Device Manager -> Multimedia, only in System Devices, (according to Windows conventions for HDA controllers).

Your CODEC_VID=$14F1 CODEC_DID=$2BFA in HDACFG.INI doesn't look to me as ALC1220.

Since you have CODEC Index=$1 in HDACFG.INI, I would suggest trying HDAICOUT.HDA.100 first (file in previous post). Rename to HDAICOUT.HDA, copy to your Windows directory and reboot.

29 minutes ago, deomsh said:

@tyukok: My INF-file doesn't make an entrance in Device Manager -> Multimedia, only in System Devices, (according to Windows conventions for HDA controllers).

Your CODEC_VID=$14F1 CODEC_DID=$2BFA in HDACFG.INI doesn't look to me as ALC1220.

Since you have CODEC Index=$1 in HDACFG.INI, I would suggest trying HDAICOUT.HDA.100 first (file in previous post). Rename to HDAICOUT.HDA, copy to your Windows directory and reboot.

I tried it, and unfortunately still no sound.

It appears as ALC1220 in AIDA64, and it's ID in System Devices is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2F0&SUBSYS_A1821458&REV_00

Edited by tyukok

@Dave-H: Yes, but situation is different now. At the time I was an active member of Watler's Win3x forum, I asked him if he could gave me room for Win9x experiments. Although he was a bit sceptic, he gave me room and even tried and criticized my INF-file. I made a statement about on MSFN only. But since a year ago the forum ended, so new opportunities for MSFN. :buehehe:

Edited by deomsh
Correction

@tyukok: Thanks for the file. Look no good, the codec readout is'nt as it should be. 

All I can do is take a look at your system. I need full specs (motherboard, including Revision; in case of a laptop full model name). Further: are you using WIN98se?

@tyukok: Disabled is the default, I asked just to be sure.

If you like to continue: next step I suggest would be a different Verb interface. Set Verbinterface=$0 in HDACFG.INI and reboot. Please check if there is any difference in HDALOG.TXT, if there is any difference attach the file.

Edited by deomsh
Typo

@tyukok: No problem, there is no hurry. The OS is already retired. :buehehe:

Sad the other Verb interface did nothing. There are not many options left to try.

You can play a bit with the wait-timings in HDACFG.INI, although I am afraid the driver is not compatible with your HDA-controller. 

Reset to Verbinterface=$1

Normal values are: wait1=$100 wait2=$100

Try higher values, like wait1=$200 and wait2=$200 or even wait1=$500 and wait2=$500

BTW: I could'nt find anything useful about the controller, nor in linux sources, nor in the data sheet of your chipset (only power saving issues).