using aeroglass to change start menu blur

hello!  i'm using a start menu skin from the classic shell forum that i really like (http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5824#p32231).  a user there apparently used aero glass' registry settings to lessen the blur on the skin, resulting in a glossier look:

http://i.imgur.com/JftP3H0.png

his quote: "..also speaking of which, it seems kinda interesting how much of a difference the blur radius alone can make:

i would ask on that forum/thread, but their registration verification tool is broken.  so ya - i currently have the look on the left of that image, but desire the one on the right.  i tried lowering the blur deviation entry in regedit, but it only affected the title bars on windows.  is there any way to do this with aero glass?

Edited by diamenz

You could try changing the Glass opacity setting in classic shell.  Go to settings and make sure 'Show all settings' is checked.  Then click on 'Menu Look' and scroll down to the bottom for the setting, the higher the number the less transparent the menu will be.

EDIT:-  Have you tried using the Aero Glass GUI available from this site?  I've just tried changing the blur radius with that and I was able to recreate the effects in the image you shared above.

Edited by djmagnifique

strange... changing the blur radius in the app did nothing for me.  i also played with the opacity settings in open shell and still couldn't get rid if that matte look.

man, maybe i've installed and uninstalled too many mods and themes at this point, lol.  something may have gotten screwed up aling the way.  oh well - still better than win10 defaults.  thanks for ur time.

You have to use older version of Aero Glass to change the blur radius of non-aeroglass blur area. This feature has been temporarily disabled in the last version, because it had a few weird side effects. It may be added back later.

29 minutes ago, bigmuscle said:

You have to use older version of Aero Glass to change the blur radius of non-aeroglass blur area. This feature has been temporarily disabled in the last version, because it had a few weird side effects. It may be added back later.

That makes sence as i'm using version 1.5.8 as i'm still on windows 1709 so haven't had any need to update AeroGlass as yet.