Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Destro

How you really browse the web on 98/ME in 2019

OK thanks, I have read the unpack procedure and the differing psapx file . I will try the batch or shortcut idea soon.

Posted (edited)

~?Aiko?Chan?~; I assume you mean the character code is not showing the character (glyph in a font). My received emails had some glyphs not shown. This can be a wrong character like a rectangle/box or it could be the character code as with your K-Meleon Html5Test picture. I installed more fonts to fix this but Marlett is different with later OSs than XP, so if the email or web page uses characters from Marlett for example, then the characters or glyphs might be displayed as boxes. If you are missing the font then it would display the character code but not the glyph unless the out of memory idea I had said happens. BabelPad is supposed the be a font editor and perhaps a new font can be produced or edited. I only know of Marlett that does not work in ME as I have updated ones from win10 as well. TTCs don't work as well though I am not sure as some were included with unofficial service pack but without the SP (not sure with SP) then boot logged text says failed. So we miss out some symbols from Cambria.ttc. Some fonts to consider updating would be symbol.ttf, webdings.ttf, wingding.ttf and seguisym.ttf.

If charmap.exe is used as I explained 2/3 down on page 4 then KEX NT40 settings need to be set and msvcr80 is in use not mscvr90 on HDD I am using at the moment.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Posted (edited)

@Goodmaneuver, I'm using JRE 7 update 76 without any psapi hack, this might well be obsolete with newer KernelEx, I had completely forgotten about it.

Edited by loblo

20 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

~?Aiko?Chan?~; I assume you mean the character code is not showing the character (glyph in a font). My received emails had some glyphs not shown. This can be a wrong character like a rectangle/box or it could be the character code as with your K-Meleon Html5Test picture. I installed more fonts to fix this but Marlett is different with later OSs than XP, so if the email or web page uses characters from Marlett for example, then the characters or glyphs might be displayed as boxes. If you are missing the font then it would display the character code but not the glyph unless the out of memory idea I had said happens. BabelPad is supposed the be a font editor and perhaps a new font can be produced or edited. I only know of Marlett that does not work in ME as I have updated ones from win10 as well. TTCs don't work as well though I am not sure as some were included with unofficial service pack but without the SP (not sure with SP) then boot logged text says failed. So we miss out some symbols from Cambria.ttc. Some fonts to consider updating would be symbol.ttf, webdings.ttf, wingding.ttf and seguisym.ttf.

If charmap.exe is used as I explained 2/3 down on page 4 then KEX NT40 settings need to be set and msvcr80 is in use not mscvr90 on HDD I am using at the moment.

BabelPad is not a font editor, it's an (advanced) unicode text editor.

You can't use TTC fonts but you can split them into TTF fonts which you can then use, TTC being several TTF fonts merged into one file. Several tools let you do that. Check out TTCTools, UniteTTC, FTMaster or FontForge.

• Like 1

How you really browse the web on 98/ME in 2019

By upgrading to XP and installing k-meleon LOL

It could even work on 98 / Millenium Edition. Try it.