Browsing the web on 98/ME in 2019 and beyond

Destro

I see a scrollbar that isn't disabled. If that is the complete call stack, OllyDbg has a broken user interface...and either the stack trace is incomplete or you neglected to mention (among many other things) that the exception occurs at app launch before any user code is reached (in which case there is nothing to debug!).

• 3 weeks later...

I have had trouble with Burp, it wont run any more. I can run Vuze 5.3 so my jce.jar is working. Java 1.7 does not work for me but the JVM.dll from JRE7 does work with the PSAPX file as I can run JVM.dll vs 7u80 with java 1.6. If I place Java 1.7 in my JRE folder then Vuze 5.3 switches to my other Java install; 1.5u22. There are some compatible files from JRE7 to swap to JRE6 but jce.jar vs 7 is still not running with this idea. There must be more to know about getting JRE7 to work, it does not make any difference what KEX version I use JRE7 does not run?

Jaclaz I can only find a 64bit version of the program. I think that it is a rendering program and page may need to be downloadable first?

Edited by Goodmaneuver
typo

I am posting this using chrome on an XP laptop as posting seems impossible from 9x at the moment.

Anyway, this is about Burp and just to say that newer 2.x.x versions require JRE8, it doesn't work with JRE7 anymore. For using with JRE7 Burp 1.7.x must be used.

19 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

Jaclaz I can only find a 64bit version of the program. I think that it is a rendering program and page may need to be downloadable first?

15 hours ago, MrMateczko said:

It's a workaround, as all the major work is done on the "server", which runs newest Chrome, nothing too different than using a virtual machine.

Well, yes and no.

It supposes that you have a network and one of the machines is running a recent OS and has internet connection.

Unlike a virtual machine, this is simply a "proxy", but it allows connecting your "real" machine  running an old OS to the modern Internet.

jaclaz

(test) posted from 98se

but only got through after deleting quote at beginning:

loblo said: I am posting this using chrome on an XP laptop as posting seems impossible from 9x at the moment.

Edited by siria

I cannot render the image from Jaclaz's post with WinMe and this is why we cannot post properly on page 7. I posted this with Opera on WinME from page 6.

loblo is there any files in JRE 1.7 that are different to get it to work? Are you are using a real machine?

Odd, I can also use the posting widget from another page than the last.

As far as I know everything is standard apart from the updated crypto files in my JRE7. JRE8 works fine too with latest Burp for me.

Edit: Yes, I use a real machine.

Edited by loblo

1 hour ago, Goodmaneuver said:

I cannot render the image from Jaclaz's post with WinMe and this is why we cannot post properly on page 7. I posted this with Opera on WinME from page 6.

That is probably fine since there is NO image in my post.

There is instead a preview - auto-generated by the stupid board software - of a youtube video, link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbd9qEzU5Q

jaclaz

Loblo are you using a Win9x SP3 install? I found that when going from one machine to another the WinME SP1 had real problems installing the new hardware. I think it was the 32bit implementation of the INFs that caused the problem. I am missing out on some settings as I did not install the SP but updated files. It must be the system that makes the difference to make Java8 run?

Jaclaz yes I did not click on the play within Win7 browser I did not recognize what I was viewing.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

I did not link any functions to SetLastError you say you have not either? One setting I am talking about is list out of range, a divide by zero error perhaps in the program. Glary Utilities 2.30 when opening system info created the divide by zero error and list out of range. The ME SP1 did not have any errors when opening the system information in Glary Utilities. The device Info seems to still work without the SP but several selections with mouse are required.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
It wasn't a memory array out of range but List out of range

I'm not too sure what you are talking about. Perhaps you should try older KernelEx, I gave up on updating it quite a long while ago as every update brought no useful improvement but only got more stuff to not work anymore.