chrome 49 XP

Josept

On 4/30/2019 at 5:13 AM, FranceBB said:

I implemented the workaround you told me about and I managed to get past the QuryThreadCycleTime, however, now that every call to the kernel is resolved, Shell32 argues about the SHGetKnownFolderPath function.

Thank your time man. We all appreciate your efforts to achieve something so difficult :)

Do these issues have anything to do with GDI's removal in versions of Chrome later than 52? DoaJC_Blogger seems close to on this issue, but appears to just require restoration of GDI because Chromium requires DirectWrite 1.1. Maybe in theory, his version could have DirectWrite downgraded to 1.0 (Vista's version)?

EDIT: WHOOPS! I did NOT see the post was from last year!

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce

5 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

Thank your time man. We all appreciate your efforts to achieve something so difficult :)

Do these issues have anything to do with GDI's removal in versions of Chrome later than 52? DoaJC_Blogger seems close to on this issue, but appears to just require restoration of GDI because Chromium requires DirectWrite 1.1. Maybe in theory, his version could have DirectWrite downgraded to 1.0 (Vista's version)?

EDIT: WHOOPS! I did NOT see the post was from last year!

I know DoaJC_Blogger, he's on our Windows Forever Skype Group and we've been talking several times over the past months. His re-write of chromium is the best chance we've got so far, however we're not quite there yet because of GDI.

Once again:

If any of you have C++ skills and wants to help, please contact me on Skype (francebb1 - franceopf@gmail.com) and I'll add you to the group so that you can help in the development.

Edited by FranceBB