chrome 49 XP

Josept

Hi i I found out recently UC Browser is a mod of chrome last version 7x running on XP (and work all, twitter videos, etc) , that means a patch for the original 49.0 is posibble, i'm waiting for this patch

I doubt anyone is going to do that.  There is always slimjet and it is based on chrome 49 or 51 and it works but it is not being deveolped and so you will get nothing but errors running it.

Modern webkit needs to be linked to a modern version of chromium, otherwise it doesn't compile. If you try to use an old version and a new webkit, you're gonna get a lot of errors. If you try to use a modern version of the javascript engine in an old version of Chromium, you're gonna get errors. If you are gonna try to use the new UI with the old version, you're gonna get errors. Besides, Google doesn't care about old webkits and doesn't archive them nor support them, so it would even be impossible to compile an old version unless you do save it, store it, and use it. Let's suppose that you start back from version 49 and you modify it with newer components. The first obstacle you're gonna face is going to be the sandbox, which is not compatible with XP. Simply put, I have no idea what they did with that browser, but if they are willing to share the code and make contributions, they're welcomed.

If you wanna contribute yourself, though, you're more than welcome and you can do it here: https://github.com/Skulltrail192/Chromium-For-XP-SRV2003

UC Browser is a web browser developed by the Chinese mobile Internet company UCWeb, which is in turn owned by the Alibaba Group

I wouldn't trust anything made by Chinese companies, by the way, as they showed what they were capable of with Maxthon... (sending visited websites, bookmarks, computer informations and a list of running processes back to Beijing).

Edited by FranceBB

5 hours ago, FranceBB said:

I wouldn't trust anything made by Chinese companies, by the way, as they showed what they were capable of with Maxthon... (sending visited websites, bookmarks, computer informations and a list of running processes back to Beijing).

Can't agree with that more. There are many great programs made by my countrymen, but you'd better avoid anything from or related to a Chinese company if you still have choice. "Do evil" is the default setting here.  This is not only a political warning.

A set of fonts for Windows XP allowing to display correctly many new symbols in Google Chrome 49

Establish fonts that browsers correctly displayed the majority of symbols instead of squares: in the Control panel we choose Fonts, we choose the File, Establish a Font menu, we specify the folder where they are, we press OK. We wait when the program finds them in this folder, we press to Allocate everything and we press OK.

Edited by Slavich

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 9:53 AM, luweitest said:

Can't agree with that more. There are many great programs made by my countrymen, but you'd better avoid anything from or related to a Chinese company if you still have choice. "Do evil" is the default setting here.  This is not only a political warning.

Xiomi is completely do whatever they like showing ads in UI , never fixing bugs and sending sensitive information to Chinese servers.

People here still buy their phones.

(offtopic)

Dibya said:

Xiaomi is completely do whatever they like showing ads in UI , never fixing bugs and sending sensitive information to Chinese servers. People here still buy their phones.

I can't bear spying, but there seems no escape anymore, be it by Google/Facebook/Microsoft etc. or China - all the same, all stealing whatever they manage to grab. It's ironic, but I'm actually considering to buy a Xiaomi phone now: simply because their current Android One phones (Mi A1, A2...) seem the ONLY ones which even people like me have a chance to unlock without a giant struggle! Necessary for installing a custom ROM, which then hopefully has a lot less spying build in. All others make unlocking next to impossible (for me), or there are no custom ROMs, or phone features are missing, or crappy quality or wrong size or simply too expensive. This easy unlocking permission is extremely rare so am afraid only available for a short period.

4 hours ago, siria said:

(offtopic)

I can't bear spying, but there seems no escape anymore, be it by Google/Facebook/Microsoft etc. or China - all the same, all stealing whatever they manage to grab. It's ironic, but I'm actually considering to buy a Xiaomi phone now: simply because their current Android One phones (Mi A1, A2...) seem the ONLY ones which even people like me have a chance to unlock without a giant struggle! Necessary for installing a custom ROM, which then hopefully has a lot less spying build in. All others make unlocking next to impossible (for me), or there are no custom ROMs, or phone features are missing, or crappy quality or wrong size or simply too expensive. This easy unlocking permission is extremely rare so am afraid only available for a short period.

Mi A3 will come so I guess you shall wait .

You may consider looking at Xperia xa2 plus or getting a OnePlus 3t for dirt cheap price in sealed condition.

I used mi a1 , xiomi phones are good at paper but not at reality .  They are extremely unreliable , very high SAR value and stupid battery which blast like bomb (actually what happened with my A1)

Lineage os is a excellent ROM . I use it daily with no google play services . As for apps I use fdroid app Store.

Compared to abundant software we have less freedom in choosing hardware, even less in cellphone. I, too, using Xiaomi, mainly for its price, yet I enter into its all levels of configuration menus to disable all ads and spy-like functions as many as I can , do not use its pre-installed apps, limit network connections by default, change system language to English (This will make some chinese apps treat you more respectfully, which is a shame), and still, take it for granted that anything on my phone may be collected somewhere in a database within china. IMO cellphone is not a proper platform for serious security and privacy.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, Josept said:

Hi i I found out recently UC Browser is a mod of chrome last version 7x running on XP (and work all, twitter videos, etc) , that means a patch for the original 49.0 is posibble, i'm waiting for this patch

Maxthon is a bit better than UC browser (although it is still developed by Chinese company, but Maxthon is more international-friendly)

360 Browser ports fast, but QiHoo company has bad karma.