Getting more keys?

Jam

Hello, I just donated 3 EUR and got 3 machine keys. Will donating more give me more keys? I'd just like to make sure the precise number of keys I'll get from my donation amount. Thank you.

It sounds a lot like a (small) fee for a license. :dubbio:

Try donating 4 Euros, if you get 4 more licenses, then you will have an additional data point and could maybe derive a trend.

On the other hand if BigMuscle (randomly) uses this random generator :

https://xkcd.com/221/

the trend might be not accurate.

I would try to see the (non-) issue from a slightly different angle:
1) BigMuscle (IMHO senselessly) asks for a (small) donation and is irked every time someone mentions the fact that a "forced" donation is actually a fee
2) for some strange reasons he likes to be vague about the minimal amount of a donation[1] and on how many licenses he will "give away" coincidentally, once received such a "donation"
3) you just got the proved proof that he is willing to "give away" three licenses for a donation as low as 3 Euro
4) he clearly doesn't (and won't) get rich from donations of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 Euro
5) why do you want to deprive him of the happyness/fun/whatever he gets by calling things by other names and being vague about the matter?

jaclaz

[1] BTW I seem to remember he mentioned once that someone sent him a 0.01 Euro donation :w00t:

My question is more of on the lines of the proper way to get more keys (for my other computers) - is it donating more that does this? Or do I need to make a new account to donate? I'm not really sure and I was actually expecting only 1 license key from the donation, so I was pleasantly surprised too :lol:

I just thought maybe it'd be possible for those who'd want to get an exact number of keys have an estimate of the amount they should donate, but I can understand if BigMuscle doesn't want to share on it.

Maybe there should be a poll thread about the donation amount and the amount of keys people in the forums get just for the fun of it. :P

About your BTW, seems like the minimum donation amount is 2 EUR due to PayPal fees. I'm actually curious how someone actually did make a donation of 0.01 EUR :o

10 hours ago, Jam said:

About your BTW, seems like the minimum donation amount is 2 EUR due to PayPal fees. I'm actually curious how someone actually did make a donation of 0.01 EUR :o

Yep, probably that changed sometimes in the past, see:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/170850-old-aero-glass-for-win81/?do=findComment&comment=1067046

https://msfn.org/board/topic/170850-old-aero-glass-for-win81/?do=findComment&comment=1067063

jaclaz