GoogleEarth 6.0.2 can't contact

For about a month, maybe a little more, GE 6.0.2 or a lower version doesn't work anymore. The server login failed.
Error Message: "GE can't contact the imagery server to download new images. GE detected an error while trying to authenticate."
I guess something like a handshake Problem (SSE/TLS). I tried higher versions and succeeded partially with version 7.0.2.8415 (VC++ 2010).
Test system WIN ME / KernelEX update 18). On my main computer (G41/Core2DUO Wolfsdale), I can start and run it, but ME crashes after close.
Best is to restart directly by CTRL-ALT-DEL. On another machine (ME/KEX18/G31/Core2DUO Wolfsdale) GE 7.0.2 starts, do login, the globe appears and the zomm works, too. However, no new images are loaded here. I suppose a missing dll on the second one. I had ruled out KEXT after a test. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?

how does it authenticate tho. I dont' know anything about it.  Some things to try. I read it only uses TLS 1.0 or SSL because its old.

Could try this, if it is using SSL

https://msfn.org/board/topic/174247-windows-9x-ssl-protocol-winsslwrap-117-rev-06/

Could try this and see if it will use just HTTP unsecure.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus is a String called 'useHTTPSForGoogle' set to false by default.

• 5 months later...

It has been a while...Sorry, I did not take enough time to look into winsslwrap. The string 'useHTTPSForGoogle' doesn't exist here.

Yesterday I was back to GE 7.0.2. Basically it runs useful on my above mentioned computers, but not always stable and perfect. If no new images are loaded click sign out and in again - File>Server Sign Out (in). After close the computer isn't accessible. After one or two minutes you can work on.

needed/used dll's:

WinHttp.dll ... here XPSP3 5.1.2600.5727

DbgHlp.dll ... XP 5.1.2600.2180 and alternatively 5512

( user32.dll 4.90.3001 and IpHlpApi.dll 4.90.3001.0 presumably no relevance ) 

nvopengl.dll of Nvidia driver 82.16

required/used:

Nvidia driver: 82.16 or 82.69

Jumpers latest core update's 19 - 23 and core.ini 20i - DecodePointer (Kexbases) and surely more

More dll's of possible relevance found by DependencyWalker:

In my systemfolder of the IntelG41machine: dll's of IE6SP1; MSVCR70; AppHlp XP; Authz XP; CertCli; DNSApi XP; ImageHlp 5.0.2195.6613; NetRap XP; Netui0 XP; Netui1 XP; NtdsApi XP; NtLanMan XP; SamLib ReactOS ; W32topl XP; 

Edited by schwups
supplement