Microsoft Update Website Loop

at64

Hello everyone

i have an another laptop with windows XP MCE 2005 SP3 (installed yesterday)  with some POSready updates (and i install the latest ie8 update...i've downloaded the update in the microsoft update catalog... and TLS 1.0,1.1 and 1.2 are enabled) and i have a weird problem and i don't know how to repair it

when i try to use the microsoft update website, it's stuck to the checking the latest version who permit the use of the website (i'm french and i try my best to translate it :wacko:) and the website reload constantly...i tried to downgrade muweb.dll (7.6.7600.257 to 7.6.7600.256) and add MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll in system32

and please,anyone knows what should i do to make it work ?

i ve tried it but it's like nothing are done... ie8 keeps going in a loop and verifying the active X control again and again,without showing updates...although thanks for replying me :)

Install these 3 updates, if you´ve not done it already. The 1st one you will need the FRA version, but the others are multilanguage. Reboot after each one. Then try again.

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-FRA.exe - Permanent copy of the Package Installer for Windows (KB898461);

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe - Windows Installer 4.5 (KB942288);

WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6-x86.exe, using the /wuforce switch, on the command-line;

I have found that MS did something to Windows Update Site Agent 3.0 to loop on checking for the latest agent. 7.6 Works fine and i found that no looping is it. Just to inform you all also @dencorso the update agent that you provided to download is 7.6 so good then :)

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, dencorso said:

Install these 3 updates, if you´ve not done it already. The 1st one you will need the FRA version, but the others are multilanguage. Reboot after each one. Then try again.

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-FRA.exe - Permanent copy of the Package Installer for Windows (KB898461);

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe - Windows Installer 4.5 (KB942288);

WindowsUpdateAgent-7.6-x86.exe, using the /wuforce switch, on the command-line;

I already had Windows Installer 4.5.  Windows Update Agent 7.6 with the /wuforce switch restored Microsoft Update on my English XP SP4 POS 2009 installation.  Much to my surprise, there were over 80 updates.