Newmoon Versions-Chaos

3dreal

Have been running at least two PMXP 27...versions on my SSE-processor winxp-PC. Thought i should upgrade to find out if some actions work better. FB-videos i cannot make running.
1l i am very puzzzled about the chaos the developper(s) has integrated regarding version numbers.
a) cannot install palemoon for xp. its running like a portable, no instructions how to install. palemoon is the only exe-file.
I first landed on the real Palemoon-forum and asked questions there. yes i was going through everything i could find.

1. Febr 19- 27-9-4-1(zip=foldername), filename: 27.9.4.6847, about: 27.9.6 2019-03-09
2. March 03-27-9-4-6                                           27.9.4.6847            27.9.6 2019-03-09  same file like above different zipname.
3. March 12-27.9.6(maybe i renamed folder
from 27-9-6 (dont have zip anymore)                  27.9.16722             27.9.6 2019-03-09
maybe different abouts when no browser is open. only one version at the same time, will verify and come back.

maybe different persons working on different versions and not telling the other what was done?
Thanks a lot for clarifications.
My old GA-7N400 Pro 2(winxp, was win2k) is running on two 200gb HDDs(not at the same time....) backup to 1tb will be done soon.
this and my newer SSE2 Asrock Alive Dual eSata2-PC(winxp/win7) are affected by capacitor-plague. have multiple copies of both.
see also europanorama on sysopt-forum about all the problems i had mid 2018. problems also related to half-dead items and my mistakes.
over 25 years of computer-experience/repairing

Edited by 3dreal

To install, you just extract the palemoon folder to the area of your choice; if upgrading, you can extract it over your existing New Moon folder. All of your settings and extensions will be maintained, and the browser will recognize an upgrade on first start. @i430VX has also made an installer for New Moon.

There seems to be two separate branches of PM: v27 and v28. I guess the former is to allow the use of extensions that are incompatible with v28.

Edited by win32

1 hour ago, win32 said:

There seems to be two separate branches of PM: v27 and v28. I guess the former is to allow the use of extensions that are incompatible with v28.

The platforms that they're built on (27=Tycho and 28=UXP) are vastly different.

The UI is similar.

Most add-ons from this site will work on both 27 and 28 (each add-on will say)--

http://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/

Edited by taos

i dont like this "incompatibility":
27.9.16722             27.9.6 2019-03-09
9.16.... or 9.6 2 what is correct. wrong filename?

So what should i do now. if newer version is coming simply move content to old folder?
But how to install? if i click palemoon.exe it will not be installed. at least i dont see a process. Whats the truth? SSE-Winp here(at the moment) have winxp/win7-pc/SSE2 only must be revived soon. Tks.

23 hours ago, i430VX said:

My installer does not currently support PM27 builds, support for that is coming "soon"

maybe you can tell now already what must be done with the installer. must it be in palemoon-folder?
i have the folder on second partition. tks

23 hours ago, taos said:

The platforms that they're built on (27=Tycho and 28=UXP) are vastly different.

The UI is similar.

Most add-ons from this site will work on both 27 and 28 (each add-on will say)--

http://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/

the biggest problems is nonworking videodownloader. only yt-converter is working. videodownloadhelper? which version. netvideohunter is downloading but not right size.

2 hours ago, 3dreal said:

maybe you can tell now already what must be done with the installer. must it be in palemoon-folder?
i have the folder on second partition. tks

No, I need to add support for NM27 to the installer. Its not something you need to fix. Once that is done, you can just double click the installer and it will start and give you the prompts. For now, just download and extract the NM27 SSE builds by hand.
I'll make sure to mention you in a post as soon as i have updated the installer.

:)