Instagram videos not working in Firefox 52 ESR?

24 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I'm glad the carousel videos work for you again now.
I've never used the DM on Instagram so I don't know if it's working for me or not, but I don't think that entry in userContent.css should affect it.
Have you got anything else in there?
:dubbio:

So far I noticed problems only on DM - content display is disturbed. But that's a real problem for me, since DM is a part of my daily activity on Instagram. And those problems are caused by that entry in userContent.css - I checked my DM with and without it.

Sorry I'm afraid I can't help with this, as I said it's not an issue for me as I don't use DM on Instagram.
I can only think that perhaps "div.Igw0E" is being also used in the DM code and that is causing the problem.
Perhaps @mixit has a suggestion?

• 3 months later...

I found this on google 

-redacted-

This is a modified version of Instagram because I had this problem with it a few days ago, so I tried to update my Instagram and FedEx browser but my problem could not be solved. I found it on the internet, I haven't used it yet, but I think this problem will be solved....

Edited by Tripredacus

• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 5:35 PM, Dave-H said:

I've just noticed today that videos don't now seem to be appearing on Instagram pages with Firefox ESR 52.9.0.
There isn't even a placeholder, they are completely missing, all that's there of the posts is the text that should be beneath the video frame!
Static images are still displaying fine.
Is anyone else seeing this? They were fine yesterday!
The videos are still fine in Firefox 65 on Windows 10 needless to say.
I've tried spoofing the browser user agent using an extension, which I already have to do to get Facebook HTML5 videos to work, but none of the ones I've tried make any difference on Instagram.
:no:

Yes exactly the same thing is happening to me and I think this issue is only with Firefox because on other browser's Instagram working well. 

I've noticed very recently that some videos are now not working, but others are still working fine.
The ones that don't work just produce a black frame.
I can't see why some are working but not others.

• 7 months later...

Well the Instagram videos are still working fine for me, so I doubt that anything has fundamentally changed in that area.
If it has, the Primetime module is still coping with it on Firefox 52.9 ESR, as it is on Facebook and YouTube!
:)

Dave-H, you can replace two files in the Firefox folder C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

mozavcodec.dll и mozavutil.dll

These are old basilisk files they are suitable for Firefox 52. There is a H264 decoder, there is no need for a plugin "Primetime" and the CPU does not load heavily.

Edited by grey_rat

Hi

4 hours ago, grey_rat said:

Dave-H, you can replace two files in the Firefox folder C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

mozavcodec.dll и mozavutil.dll

These are old basilisk files they are suitable for Firefox 52. There is a H264 decoder, there is no need for a plugin "Primetime" and the CPU does not load heavily.

Thank you "grey_rat" it works well with H264 and firefox 52.9 on youtube...

http://web.archive.org/web/20190805082454/https:/www.youtube.com/html5

2021-10-05_135457.jpg

Edited by IXOYE

Yes, those files are working fine here too, on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
I've disabled the Primetime plugin.
I'll report back if I find any downside to using the files instead of the plugin, but all looks good at the moment.
Thanks, Dave.
:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Dave-H said:

I've noticed very recently that some videos are now not working, but others are still working fine.

On 10/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, Dave-H said:

Well the Instagram videos are still working fine for me....

So which videos aren't working now?

Oh, now I see 7 months elapsed between those posts, so maybe I should ask, are any videos not working now? :huh:

Edited by Mathwiz