making directx 8.0b a "full" system update

i actually mentioned directx 8.0b in my other post on game development but no responses yet, i made this thread here because i thought maybe i could more views / and / or responses, "good" ones that is. i was thinking how difficult it would be or if it would be possible to make the directx 8.0b release that was supposed to be more as a external thing for developers into a upgrade for people using older operating systems such as windows 95, that way, you can still do what you need to do but now the system as a whole can now take use of all newer functions in a better way and offer more compatibility. 

yes, i am noob to all this, however, im sure someone gets my point on what i want to do. for me, it's mainly for the project i have in mind mentioned in my other post on game development for windows 95, and also because i think it's relevant. so i was also hoping people can answer my other thread as that one encompasses a lot of things and questions that i am not clarified on and it would really be helpful if i could have someone explain to me where i can have my questions answered that can help me understand better. 

also i wanted to know if anyone knows what the latest pixel shader the directx 8.0b version supports. all i know is that 8.0a supports up to 1.3 and vertex shader 1.1, but it's unclear on what directx 8.0b supports up to. i am hoping it can support 1.4 for possibly increased functionality and ability in game development such as for creating reflective and more realistic looking water. one forum post mentioned how far cry needed a minimum of pixel shader 1.4 for it's water to look properly, of course, the game i'd design or have designed would look better and more realistic than far cry, because in my opinion, far cry's graphics look a bit "cartoonic" to me and not as realistic / nice looking. 

although there are some games like Severance: Blade of Darkness that had fairly realistic looking water and i believe it only was a directx 8.0a game, but i was hoping to have something even more better / realistic looking that was made with directx 8.0b. 

When DirectX is installed, it become available to apps and drivers that know how to use it. The "System" uses GDI for rendering, not DirectX. GDI can be accelerated by the video drivers. Taking advantage of an updated DirectX would mean updating the video drivers.

DirectX 8.0b (the software) is unlikely to even have any 2D improvements. A newer graphics card with hardware support for Direct 8 or later should already have any superior 2D capabilities incorporated into its drivers.