I can't install Office 2007 in Windows 2000 (Extended Kernel)

WinFX

I have all the updates on my Windows 2000 PC in English until 2010 including IE6SP1 up to MS12-052 for IE6 or something like that. I have installed v2.9bG and disable Microsoft Groove and still can not install it.

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

Yep, you have to manually set setup.exe to Windows XP compatibility using fcwin2k. Then try launching setup again. However, Outlook 2007 still doesn't operate properly so you cannot use it. But the main programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint work without a hitch that I'm aware of.

I'd also recommend uninstalling your extended kernel and first install Gurgelmeyer's SP5.1 if you never installed it before. https://mega.nz/#F!SlACALYL!9eek__QpDtB4CIqLR_hUDQ!Oghn2b4T

Then I usually grab the latest version of tomasz86's UURollup package, I think it's daily 2014 and install that. https://mega.nz/#F!SlACALYL!9eek__QpDtB4CIqLR_hUDQ!m94lnCrB Then I go ahead and install BlackWingCat's extended kernel and extended core updates. The former two will ensure other things are updated as well so you have a bit more of a completed system. There may be some that say they're not needed, but when they're not installed, it feels that several things that worked on an older compilation that had those updates don't work as expected on the newer compilations.

> don't work as expected on the newer compilations

Have you tried comparing app process snapshots of each setup? Use something like NirSoft's CProcess.exe to save a list of an app's process modules including version of each file in use.

I haven't, but thanks for the tip, jumper! I don't know a lot about those sort of things so I shall give it a try since my computer is sort of a sandbox right now.