New Aero Glass Build 1.5.11

JTB3

On 3/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, SkyySX said:

Nice, is there a changelog? the one on the website doesn't include 1.5.1.1 yet but so far it works fine :)

On 3/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, gitit20 said:

What did this change? could not get the changelog to load :)

Probably just like the latest experimental version without debug stuff. The old bugs I reported years ago related to caption rendering are still there.

12 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Probably just like the latest experimental version without debug stuff. The old bugs I reported years ago related to caption rendering are still there.

I see, well I'm happy enough, the random Steam and other Aero Peek crashes are fixed for me! :D

Didn't know what was status on those crashing bugs since nothing was said about them until now, so that's cool.

Well, those two still exist:

Interpreting HIWORD of TextGlowMode setting bug (acknowledged, but never fixed, it also didn't exist in older versions)

Bug with window caption centering with certain settings when window is re-sized

There's also a second issue with caption centering, for which I remember the author claiming it's not a bug (so must be a feature :dubbio:); if you set TextGlowMode to 1 and CenterCaption to 1, the glow is stretched over the entire title bar. Either way, addressing these would bring us closer to perfection. :)

Edited by UCyborg
Formatting

I replaced aerohost and DWMGlass with those from the .7z and all seems well so far.  Haven't seen a new crash after the update.  I did see several related to Taskbar Live Previews with the prior revision.

-Noel

On 3/25/2019 at 11:26 AM, Ronin2011 said:

Why? Are there other programs that antagonize this? I don't get it.

I hope to understand your question the right way:
Because it's beeing harder and harder for BigMuscle to keep Aeroglass working on Major Windows 10 releases. With every Windows Release Microsoft changed a couple of things which broke Aeroglass. Most of Aeroglass users keep waiting or stay the version which is working with Aeroglass.

4 hours ago, leveltrauma said:

I hope to understand your question the right way:
Because it's beeing harder and harder for BigMuscle to keep Aeroglass working on Major Windows 10 releases. With every Windows Release Microsoft changed a couple of things which broke Aeroglass. Most of Aeroglass users keep waiting or stay the version which is working with Aeroglass. 

Well we don't really know how hard it is, maybe he doesn't have time to spare anymore. who knows..

On 3/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, Ronin2011 said:

Well we don't really know how hard it is, maybe he doesn't have time to spare anymore. who knows..

It's anything but trivial, that's for sure.

I suspect what @mikedigitize meant when he said nope was that he wasn't interested in the new Windows build. I don't think Aero Glass compatibility alone is the biggest concern, Microsoft keeps breaking things left and right, stuff that should just work. When was the last time you've seen the empty known issues section in the cumulative updates changelogs? It's a rare sight. Plus the bugs that exist but aren't on those lists. :whistle: