Is there a program to automatically keep the start menu organised?

pugh

I'm using StartIsBack on Win 10. I got fed up with a disorganised mess of programs in my start folder, mostly sorted by publisher. So I went to C:\Users\Pugh\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and tidied them up (except for the Windows own ones) into folders like e.g. Office, Internet, Graphics, Games, Mapping, Security, System, etc. 

However now I find that some programs (or Windows?) have started putting their links back outside of my folders. I can move them manually each time but I'd rather some other program took care of this task. Is there any program to automatically keep the start menu organised into shortcuts and folders easily dragged and dropped by the user?

3 hours ago, pugh said:

Is there any program to automatically keep the start menu organised into shortcuts and folders easily dragged and dropped by the user?

I use StartisBack++ to skin my taskbar, but not to skin the Start Menu as I really like the Windows 10 start menu.  This is what I do to organize it.  I organize it just the way I want, and follow these directions.  This may be a starting point for you.

Open the Registry Editor app.
Go to the following Registry key.
Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
Import Saved RegEdit
Now, right-click on the file DefaultLayouts.xml and select "Copy".
Paste it to the folder %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Shell. Click on the option Replace the file in the destination when prompted.
Sign out from your user account.
Sign in to your user account to apply the Start menu layout.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, dhjohns said:

I use StartisBack++ to skin my taskbar, but not to skin the Start Menu as I really like the Windows 10 start menu.  This is what I do to organize it.  I organize it just the way I want, and follow these directions.  This may be a starting point for you.

Your instructions are just gobbledygook.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 8:41 PM, dhjohns said:

Well they work for me.   Perhaps you just need to study them more closely.

No, your explanations don't make sense.  You seem to have left some things out.

>"Import Saved RegEdit"

Import what?  From where?

>"Now, right-click on the file DefaultLayouts.xml"

What is this file? Where is this file located?