Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Thinkpad4

Looking for info about the upcoming standalone SHA-2 patch for Win7

I've tried to install this update maybe 10 times and it's failed upon restarting to apply changes, every single time. Any suggestions?

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2019 at 9:53 PM, i430VX said:

I've tried to install this update maybe 10 times and it's failed upon restarting to apply changes, every single time. Any suggestions?

you mean KB4474419?  see if these links help

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-updade-kb4474419-fail-repeatedly-with/9e2dc4ca-5adc-479f-9521-8838077b1e82

https://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/418834-unable-install-kb4474419-win7-x64-ultimate.html

Edited by erpdude8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, erpdude8 said:

you mean KB4474419?  see if these links help

Yes, that one!
The issue was having grub on the computer. While this is dumb and i shouldn't have to do this for a windows update, pulling the linux drive out while booting to apply changes did the trick

Thank you! :worship:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thinkpad4 said:

@i430VXthose updates cause any issues for you?  

Not that I've seen!

I have installed them onto three computers so far, but have not noticed anything. All three were having issues reading certificates from various things, but the updates did not solve those problems.

What are some known situations where you would need these? Are there any websites that are known to require these types of certificates? Something to test against?