Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

ruthan

Win 95/98 SP3 broken networking - ping error 10043/10091 its not about NICs they are ok

Yes this one.

It happens me again, some problem.

Now its back in era old Super Socket K6-II machine and with Realtek 8139 PCI and clean Windows 98 Second Edition install.

I installed Windows, there was no driver for NIC on CD, so nothing. I have installed old realtek driver for this nic from 1998, which i had on disk. Later i wanted to tune driver and it tried to install newer driver, it installed well, no conflicts, but again, i had some old problem. So there not problem with some network speed tuners for windows 98, with some updates or SP3 etc.. its broken i clean system. Machine is quite clean only Virge video card and network card..

Networking in DOS with native packet driver its still working, so card is fine and machine is fine.

Ping with hostname - unknow host.
 Ping with ip address error 10043.

So i tried to comeback to old driver which worked, and i have exactly some problem, as with other machines, once this broke im unable to fix it.. I still don have any exclamation marks in system, in Safe mode are not any leftovers of old nics etc.

Even when now exclamation marks, i tried to change addresses for device, i was supprised that was some unmarked conflict with some Video card alias and VIA IDE alias.. but even when i try to change ranges its still the same.

Any ideas?

I did complete reinstall i installed old driver which worked before and its still not working, i dont understand it.. 

One more symptom is: Ipconfig prints:

IP ConfigurationFatal Error 

Cannou read IP configuration