roytam1's browsers - dedicated board in "Members projects" sub-forum

Mcinwwl

Do you agree with the idea?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Make dedicated board?

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey, what do you think about making dedicated board for roytam1's Firefox-based browser builds having a dedicated board somewhere in https://msfn.org/board/forum/102-member-contributed-projects/ ?

Currently everything is discussed in one topic:

Which has already grown into megathread with different bug reports, questions, discussions related to roytam1's browsers... and they're quite many of them. Trying to find relevant info is getting quite hard with the volume :/

Dedicated board will help a) users to easily find his area of interest in the topic dedicated to his build/issue/question/suggestion b) help author to keep track of a separate issues. As the browsers seem to be popular among MSFN users, this is getting needed.

Users, please vote in the poll to show if you agree :)

Admins, mods, is this possible to happen? :)

I contacted roytam1 beforehand and he agrees :) Plus, if the board gets created some redirection link in XP board will be helpful, as the browsers builds aim at XP compatibility, obviously :)

PS turned voters visibility on.

Edited by Mcinwwl

No idea about subsections, but what's long since needed are separate topics for separate browsers (NewMoon, Basilisk, rzbrowser, rz-suite, KG, ...) The prob is, I asked him before, but he declined as usual for such user needs, because they are not his own needs. But if more people care now, perhaps there's finally a chance :-)

2 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

So far there hasn't been the type of activity that we'd normally see for a project that ended up with their own section.

Perhaps, but I think there has been as much or more, and definitely more recent, activity as the various topics under Other Member Contributed Projects. Since, I assume, the browsers can be used in OS other than XP, that might help raise awareness and interest. If a section was created there, and IF more activity was created as a result, then the discussion of whether or not to create a section higher up under Member Contributed Projects could be raised again at that time. Just my two cents, of course.

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

So far there hasn't been the type of activity that we'd normally see for a project that ended up with their own section.

Then I need to be enlightened, as I am too young to remember any of these happening and I don't know what requirements ned to be met.

Sure, thanks for answer. I thought the opposite way - it's hard to find valuable information in ~1500 post thread, where different issues are mixed together. So maybe we should put separate topic for different issues and persuade you this way? ;)

Obviously kidding. anyway, decision is on your side.