XP/XP64/2003 Picture Thread

• 11 months later...

snap.gif

XP pro (x86) running on a 2008 Acer Aspire One ZG5 netbook (Intel Atom N270 @ 1.60GHz)

Upgrades : 1.5Gb RAM, Ralink 802.11n Wifi card, 64Gb ZTC Cyclone SSD for OS, 256Gb SD card storage expansion for programs, documents, etc... and another 128Gb micro-SD card for swap, downloads, etc... And a 9 cells battery that gives roughly 10 hours autonomy for office work, music listening (wifi turned off), and between 5 to 7 hours with wifi turned on...

Genesis and PC Engine retro gaming included !

;p

Edited by h3kt0r
updated specs

• 5 months later...

here is my desktop all nice and fancy:D

my specs: Intel hd graphics 4000 toshiba 298gb hdd  Intel core I5 -3320m cpu @2.60ghz 3 generation

my operating system: windows vista x64

my pc: dell latitude e6430 laptop

(edit: the picture i had here somehow got deleted i dont know how but its gone sorry)

Edited by VistaEX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

800x600.PNG.053c9e1cfef85797d0b20a51ef774a24.PNG

Here is picture of my current XP setup. That is actually first pc I had. Specs are following

Asus P4P800 mainboard

Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.80ghz

2x512mb ddr1 400 ram (soon 4x1gb ddr 400)

Gainward Geforce 6800GT 256mb AGP with (one with red pcb and copper heatsink)

Mitsubishi Diamondview 1772ie (800x600*100hz)

250gb wd sata hdd for os

320gb wd IDE drive for games

1tb WD sata hdd for DVR

Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2

Logitec PS/2 laser mouse

Happauge Wintv SoloHD TV tuner over DVB-C

That is one of best systems I ever had and was happy dad had not tossed it away. I will be likely use that more as main system.

The "first" computer system of oneself, always something special. This is, how you learned the world of computing. Despite people being capable of learning new things, the things you learn at a young age become an instinct.

@Mr.Scienceman2000 But isn't that screen resolution of 800x600 a bit low? The text and the icons are very large. I could only use that when sitting 2 meters away from the screen!

1 hour ago, Gansangriff said:

@Mr.Scienceman2000 But isn't that screen resolution of 800x600 a bit low? The text and the icons are very large. I could only use that when sitting 2 meters away from the screen!

800x600 is normal for on me on 17" CRT monitor. Higher than it even 1024x768 is bit too blurry to my eyes and also I prefer higher refresh rates over higher resolutions, since lower refresh rates causes headache to me. 100hz does not flicker on me at all. On flatscreen I use higher resolutions

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1407351390_MajesticWhiteTigerHQ.thumb.PNG.1751ca56f00b7a798d01fe4205244176.PNG

My Windows XP Professional x64 Edition VL Workstation (Desktop Preview).

Computer Name: Majestic White Tiger.

Tis a beautiful system to say the least, it has taken a great deal of energy and time resolving the many challenges along the way though. Not to mention the rather insane amount of money poured into it. (Everything works well now). Yet, such is very much so worth it for myself, as this has been a dream build of mine since more than a decade ago! :wub:

I forgot XP x64 only seems to see 32 physical cores and 64 logical cores. Yet, here I am pushing the very limits of XP x64; and thus my dream has still come true even if I am not utilizing all 44 cores and 88 threads. :P

Edited by XP-x64-Lover