Firefox Nightly 66.0a1 fixed Mini/Max/close Aeroglass

@UCyborg you were right about that it's Firefox fault not Aero glass , i think they fixed it in Firefox  Nightly 66 i try to modified it, a little bugs,  but it works fine i think

try this now :

/* Firefox Quantum userChrome.css tweaks ************************************************/
/* Github: https://github.com/aris-t2/customcssforfx ************************************/
/****************************************************************************************/

/* Glass8 ( http://www.glass8.eu/ ) required for 'Windows 7'-like window transparency */

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) {
    #main-window {
      background-color: transparent !important;
      -moz-appearance: -moz-win-glass !important;
    }
}
#main-window:not([customizing]) .titlebar-button,
#main-window:not([customizing]) .titlebar-button:not(#titlebar-close) > .toolbarbutton-icon{
  opacity: 0.0 !important;
}

#main-window:not([customizing]) .titlebar-button:hover {
  opacity: 0.5 !important;
}

#main-window:not([customizing])
  opacity: 0.1 !important;
  background: red !important;
}

#titlebar-close):hover {
  opacity: 0.1 !important;
  background: red !important;
}

/* Firefox userChrome.css */

@namespace url("userChrome.xml#js");

toolbarbutton#characterencoding-button {
  -moz-binding: url("userChrome.xml#js");
}
#main-window:not([customizing="true"]) toolbarbutton#characterencoding-button {
  visibility: collapse;
}
tabpanels{
    background:transparent none!important;

I don't see Firefox 66 behaving any differently from the older versions. I'd just use modified firefox.exe with Windows 10 manifest patched out unless someone comes up with CSS hack that actually works properly.

Not working for me, simply every glass css gives black tabbar, I'm on latest Nightly 66, latest Win 10 pro x64, latest Aero Glass, I did massive test with Aris CSS, I ask him, I ask on Reddit, and still nothing. Very strange.

8 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I don't see Firefox 66 behaving any differently from the older versions. I'd just use modified firefox.exe with Windows 10 manifest patched out unless someone comes up with CSS hack that actually works properly.

Yeah same here! Is there any way to make firefox.exe use an external .exe.manifest file or do we really have to edit the .exe each update?

3 hours ago, SkyySX said:

So I just change the Registry Key and then copy the entire content to a file called firefox.exe.manifest right?

I think so. I haven't actually got around trying whether this registry setting still works (it's Windows 10, so you never know). I'll try it later today and edit this post to let you know.

Edit: It works! If it doesn't work right away, log off and back on.

Edited by UCyborg

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I think so. I haven't actually got around trying whether this registry setting still works (it's Windows 10, so you never know). I'll try it later today and edit this post to let you know.

What content needs to be copied into a file called firefox.exe.manifest?

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Open firefox.exe with Resource Hacker:

Copy-paste the entire content minus the highlighted line.

Oh. I'm understood now, thanks! Did you checked - does it works with reg? I can check tomorrow...

Edited by CKyHC

23 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Edit: It works! If it doesn't work right away, log off and back on.

Thank you very much for all this, one thing less to worry about when updating Firefox :)

For me reg file didn't works... It didn't add needed string. I'm added it manually and now all works! Even without logout/logon! Thanks for that! Finally didn't need to patch exe file every update...

• 4 weeks later...

What i found is that this method is indirect way of setting compatibility. I mean instead of doing such hassles, just go to compatibility tab of exe, at bottom select change for all users and set to windows 7. It will not revert back to windows 10 compatibility. But what i found in chrome is degradation of performance. Even when using manifest trick.