Windows XP drivers for AsRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional

my bad i didn't mean to seem rude.  It's just dencorso said it better, its a huge undertaking to get that operating system running on that board.  beleive it is possible I just had the hint that you didn't try it, and that is kinda a no starter in asking here for help in trouble shooting it when you don't have it to begin with or up and running halfway.  I am old also probably older than your dad.

Another way to put it, is that all of us on this board, and other similar technical boards, are more than willing to HELP a fellow computer enthusiast, or even a beginner, :) But as a general rule, we do not care to do it for you. We expect you to have at least given a good try at searching the board for the possibility that someone has already done what you are trying to do and posted it here on the board.  If not found, and in your case since you have not purchased the motherboard you are curious about using, it might have been better to have stated:

"I'm thinking about getting a _______ motherboard and am wondering if anyone has any experience with running XP64 on that board? I've tried to search the board for other such users and have come up blank."

For those who have already gotten the motherboard, we expect the user to have first tried their best to have done the work themselves. Then, if they are not successful, they should post and tell us:

EXACT description of the motherboard and all other add-in cards and other equipment that they will need drivers for.
EXACTLY what they have tried to do to get the OS to install and working.
EXACTLY what they expected to happen.
EXACTLY what did happen instead.

Summary of what they were able to get working, either completely working or partially working.

At that point we will have a good understanding of where you stand and how we might be able to help you. Also, you will be in a good position to better understand and apply the information we hopefully can give you.

I don't think any of the members who have replied to this thread intended to be rude to you in any way, We truly want to encourage computer users to try and use computer hardware and software in creative ways, including ways in which they might not have been intended, such as using older OS versions on newer hardware. When such users post here and detail their trials, tribulations, and successes, that's how we all can learn something new.  Good luck in your endeavors, and welcome to MSFN!

Cheers and Regards

Now, since you've not even bought the board yet, if you haven't got any real strong reason to go with a different board, and just intend to experience running XP x64 at its fastest, my advice to you would be: hunt the net and the physical stores for a ASUS Sabretooth X99 and enjoy the work already done and kindly shared with all by @XP-x64-Lover, instead of going through it all again, with no guarantee to get a satisfactory result at the end. Had you already got the other board at hand it'd be different, of course. There are just my 2¢, so feel free to ignore 'em, but I'd feel real bad had I not shared 'em with you. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Destro said:

my bad i didn't mean to seem rude.  It's just dencorso said it better, its a huge undertaking to get that operating system running on that board.  beleive it is possible I just had the hint that you didn't try it, and that is kinda a no starter in asking here for help in trouble shooting it when you don't have it to begin with or up and running halfway.  I am old also probably older than your dad.

It’s all good =D

25 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Now, since you've not even bought the board yet, if you haven't got any real strong reason to go with a different board, and just intend to experience running XP x64 at its fastest, my advice to you would be: hunt the net and the physical stores for a ASUS Sabretooth X99 and enjoy the work already done and kindly shared with all by @XP-x64-Lover, instead of going through it all again, with no guarantee to get a satisfactory result at the end. Had you already got the other board at hand it'd be different, of course. There are just my 2¢, so feel free to ignore 'em, but I'd feel real bad had I not shared 'em with you. Cheers!

Hmm... On eBay when I search sabertooth x99 up I only find good deals but with overpriced shipping refurbished ones that doesn’t even come with the IO Shield etc etc.

If you really want to get X99 platform running on XP64bit here are the step I would take.  This is a lot of work.  (btw to save you a lot of trouble id take dencorsos advice)  PS.. sabertooth is not fully working it is  95% working i beleive minus the intel Nic drivers as he is using only the realtec part.

Find a board you like, and downloard its motherboard manual or find a detailed spec sheet of all the components that are on it.

The for each individual component you search the web and see if it is possible to find a driver for that component that will install on XP or Xp-64 bit.

Once you hit a brickwall with doing that then look for other boards that have X99 chipset but more generic components that have better driver support across older platforms.

I can tell you off the top of my head that Fatality board wont work very well becasue I looked at the hardware on it.  Atleast the Killer stuff probably doesn't run adn neither does the intel nic.

Edited by Destro

6 minutes ago, Destro said:

If you really want to get X99 platform running on XP64bit here are the step I would take.  This is a lot of work.  (btw to save you a lot of trouble id take dencorsos advice)  PS.. sabertooth is not fully working it is  95% working i beleive minus the intel Nic drivers as he is using only the realtec part.

Find a board you like, and downloard its motherboard manual or find a detailed spec sheet of all the components that are on it.

The for each individual component you search the web and see if it is possible to find a driver for that component that will install on XP or Xp-64 bit.

Once you hit a brickwall with doing that then look for other boards that have X99 chipset but more generic components that have better driver support across older platforms.

I can tell you off the top of my head that Fatality board wont work very well becasue I looked at the hardware on it.  Atleast the Killer stuff probably doesn't run adn neither does the intel nic.

Thank you so much, I will try that! :)

On 1/7/2019 at 7:23 AM, RoverAgent said:

Thank you so much, I will try that! :)

Be careful though, some newer drivers that say they work or are for XP x64 don't actually work and can often end in blue screens of death BSODs. Mostly concerning, Intel SATA, and USB 3 / 3.1 drivers from ASMedia. Usually, when using third party driver updating software or even manufacturer sites downloaded drivers.

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
More info.