HD3000 win2k drivers?

zzzcoder

Hello there,

About to have a go building a win2k install iso for running some older windows music applications on a 8year old Macbook Pro.  I have transitioned from a x220 (which i used as a hackintosh) and prior to that a core2duo mac runnning x3100 graphics.

I'll be using this guide

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/windows-2000-install-success.202695/

To bypass issues getting the installer to install onto the Macbook Pro's hard drive. 

I'd then like to proceed with getting hd3000 graphics to work and use firewire.  I am not bothered about networking, only any necessary drivers for the machine to perform without errors.

I am sure I read (a long, long time back) that a japanese user had made drivers for the x220 (w520 t420 t520 etc) to use the hd3000 and wondered whether anyone knew of wherabouts to them here OR if they knew of a way to patch xp drivers to get the display working.

Thanks for any help in advance.

there are XP drivers for the Intel HD3000, do they work on that laptop if you installed XP?  Any reason in particular to run 2000 instead of XP.  Good chance if it runs on 2000 it will run on XP.

Edited by Destro

2 hours ago, Destro said:

Any reason in particular to run 2000 instead of XP.  Good chance if it runs on 2000 it will run on XP.

Gee, there's an original idea.  Probably never thought of that.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:23 PM, zzzcoder said:

I am sure I read (a long, long time back) that a japanese user had made drivers for the x220 (w520 t420 t520 etc) to use the hd3000 and wondered whether anyone knew of wherabouts to them here OR if they knew of a way to patch xp drivers to get the display working.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Maybe you are thinking of blackwingcat ?

Maybe these?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1165914.html

jaclaz