How to install One-Core-API?

Windows 2000

AIUI it's supposed to be similar to @Dibya's Extended XP. Unfortunately I think it's illegal: https://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16868

Well it seems that this 'project' uses native Windows 7,8,10 dll files....

I suppose it would be legal for you to use on your own system if you own licensed copies of all those OSes, but don't post any links here. It would get MSFN in big trouble.

Add me on Skype: francebb1 - franceopf@gmail.com and I'll add you to the Windows XP Forever group, you'll find Samuel (Samuka), the developer of One Core API.

https://join.skype.com/upSJ1SDTscvd

Once again, we cannot link nor guide you to use anything related to a modified kernel on MSFN as it uses modified version of Windows DLLs.

Edited by FranceBB

27 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

Add me on Skype: francebb1 - franceopf@gmail.com and I'll add you to the Windows XP Forever group, you'll find Samuel (Samuka), the developer of One Core API.

Once again, we cannot link nor guide you to use anything related to a modified kernel on MSFN as it uses modified version of Windows DLLs.

Added you.

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure what I am asking here correctly, but there is a project on our forum that uses a modified version of kernel32.dll from Windows XP (kernelxp.dll). Now I needed other DLLs (shellxp.dll, userxp.dll, ...), but unfortunately I did not find them in the One Core API. Tell me, please, where can I find them? I do not want to permanently install the entire package and replace system files with it. Please advise what can be done. Thank you very much!

You probably mean these files, but I can’t download any of them.

UPDATE 1: On the second attempt, I managed to find the full archive here.

UPDATE 2: A more detailed analysis of the above files revealed that these are different versions. In particular, kernel32.dll is much larger, does not depend on ntext.dll and psapi.dll, and does not contain, for example, the GetUserDefaultLocaleName function. On the third attempt, I hope I found what I was looking for (and this is really part of the One-Core-API).

I don't recommend to install them. I've found installer packages on Github page of the project and installed them, but it doesn't appear to run any unsupported software. I tried to run Chrome and Firefox (the versions that was already running on XP) with changing the compatibility to Vista and 7 but they were crashed. (It adds new OSes to Compatibility tab)

28 minutes ago, DragonSC7601 said:

I don't recommend to install them. I've found installer packages on Github page of the project and installed them, but it doesn't appear to run any unsupported software. I tried to run Chrome and Firefox (the versions that was already running on XP) with changing the compatibility to Vista and 7 but they were crashed. (It adds new OSes to Compatibility tab)

That's because it's still a work in progress. It takes time, especially since Microsoft is a closed source oriented company and everything has to be guessed by disassembled lines of code of their own executables and libraries with potentially a lot of errors and no documentation whatsoever.

Has anyone tested the SHCreateItemFromParsingName function? I have a suspicion that it is not implemented or is working with errors. I tried to analyze the sources on GitHub and found at least three different versions:
https://github.com/Skulltrail192/One-Core-Api/blob/master/dll/wrappers/base/shell32_wrapper/shellitem.c  - the function looks quite normal (line 566);

https://github.com/Skulltrail192/One-Core-Api/blob/master/dll/wrappers/base/shell32_wrapper_new/shellitem.c  - the function is commented out (line 566);

https://github.com/Skulltrail192/One-Core-Api/blob/master/dll/wrappers/dependencies/shellnew/unimplemented.c  - the function is "empty" (line 66).

Is there a way to check which version was used for the final build of shell32.dll? Thanks a lot.

Open Shell32.dll in an Exports viewer such as Dependency Walker that shows API addresses. Sort by address and locate SHCreateItemFromParsingName. If it shares an address or is followed by another API within a few bytes, it is a stub (not fully implemented).

1 hour ago, jumper said:

If it shares an address or is followed by another API within a few bytes, it is a stub (not fully implemented).

peinfo.jpg.32518ab5648fba2e887a94a82ae80085.jpg

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that everything is OK. Thanks a lot for the hint.