January 1st 2019 / still 4%

caliber

16 hours ago, caliber said:

within the next 4 months this number will strongly decrease for sure. :(

We are living on borrowed time and steady we go towards our beloved OS death. It's been a great journey and it's close to the end, but my fellow XP users, don't be sad for what is not going to be, be happy for what it's been. :')

Edited by FranceBB

12 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

We are living on borrowed time and steady we go towards our beloved OS death. It's been a great journey and it's close to the end, but my fellow XP users, don't be sad for what is not going to be, be happy for what it's been. :')

All the patches in the world couldn't keep Windows 9x alive, XP is NO different. I'll do a clean install once support ends. HNY!!!

42 minutes ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

All the patches in the world couldn't keep Windows 9x alive, XP is NO different.

Lets hope MSFN XP Masters will port Server 2008 updates on XP and it would live on for more. I never had a chance to eXPierence XP on its heyday since i was a Windows 7 user...

1 hour ago, FranceBB said:

The end of official support doesn’t render the operating system unusable. As long as you’re connected to the Internet behind a router with a firewall, and browsing the internet responsibly on an updated browser, there is no reason why you can’t continue using XP without an issue. I have no intention of giving it up any time soon. 

5 hours ago, Bersaglio said:

Windows XP system share (as of December 2018) grows to 4.54% ! Yeehaw!:cheerleader:

4.11%........ 4.54%......... now 4.08%...... (within the past 24 hours)

how reliable is this site ? :unsure:

34 minutes ago, caliber said:

Statcounter in the 2000s was way better  at showing OS markershares

57 minutes ago, caliber said:

I posted different link compared to Your. Your link shows average Windows XP system share from outdated range: from December 2017 until November 2018. My link shows newest data for the past month only ("December, 2018 market share reports are now live.")  :cool:

Edited by Bersaglio

16 hours ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

All the patches in the world couldn't keep Windows 9x alive, XP is NO different. I'll do a clean install once support ends. HNY!!!

Hardware and software support was so much broader on XP and developed for much longer than 98 was tho.  It will die a slow death.  I mean there is much more you can do with XP than 98, and u can always run VMs ontop of XP to run software that it wont so there is that.  Where 98 couldn't really do that.

Edited by Destro

Windows 7 will be the next Windows XP. Only a year of Windows 7 support left and it still has nearly 40% market share.

The fact that Windows 7 turns 10 years old this year and still commands such high market share is a testament against the spyware and flawed updates that make up Windows 10. You'll never change my mind

Even with Microsoft offering Windows 10 for free and using "unethical" methods to get people to unwittingly install, it couldn't kill Windows 7 quickly enough.

11 hours ago, sdfox7 said:

Windows 7 will be the next Windows XP.

it took Google 2 years or so to stop the support for XP and as you might know Google and M$ are close friends now

it depends on how many enthusiasts will be there behind CHROME browser support as @roytam1 is.