Another installation process is running, every boot, i have to kill it, how i do discover what execution it?

ruthan

Hello,
i have another installation process is running (msiexec.exe) problem with, every boot, i have to kill it to make installer working, how i do discover what execution it? Which installation it is? Is somewhere some log or how i get parameters with which is process executed? I have this problem for quite long time, on one machine. 

Edited by ruthan

I task scheduler i dont see direct execution of this process, but you be run indirectly.. i have there usually things:
Nvidia Geforce experience and drivers
Google updater
Avira antivirus things
Dropbox
Adobe Reader
BlueStacks helper..

When i try process explorer:
- i dont see how to trace the tree, i this option is not available, so my its primary process in info i see this:

image.png.b8a653592cdfa9134854c9564edfc0f8.png

Its ok? Should this process be autostarted with /v parameter?

Here is registry key, uploaded.

Key.reg

Edited by ruthan

It can be difficult to track msiexec.exe by process name due to the way it operates. It usually will create a process, exit and re-open a new process.

For trying to figure out what runs it, you may want to look into the CBS.log. Of course there is always the Windows Performance Toolkit, part of the ADK, which has bootlogging tools.

Windows installer clean up utility  it can damage your Computer if u are not careful.  Or it can work perfectly fine with no issue.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_installer_cleanup_utility.html

safer way.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Edited by Destro

Destro, that doesn't seem entirely relevant.

Ruthan, take a look at this, it is for Windows 7 but perhaps it still works for Windows 10. You may even get to look into the temp folder to see if any logs are already present with the timestamp of your boot time. Otherwise, try setting the registry key and see if it makes any "better" logs appear.

https://superuser.com/questions/180281/what-folder-are-installation-logs-in

There was nothing really of note in the CBS.log. In the most recent reboot, nothing much but in the one prior Windows Update was doing something.

It seems to be fixed, i used MS Utilital fixer and ordered installed programs from oldest and tried if uninstall can be executed, if dont i uninstalled program.. There was probably something broken from old Win7 install, which was upgraded to Win10.