Where/how do I find folder Downloads in Windows 10?

Roffen

That's all, I don't know how to find my downloads so I can install them

Please excuse me. I should perhaps have posted this in the Win10 thread.

But why did I find it necessary to ask that question at all?

Edited by Roffen
Added more text.

Over the years, I have used a number of new versions , from MSDOS to Windows , from Win 98 thru Win2k, and WinXP, and now suddenly having to face the mysteries of Windows10. I have a problem with my brain, it is not a sharp and fast as it used to be. I see mention of Explorer, but I dont' see Explorer on my machine?  I am not comfortable navigating the system.  I don't hink I have found "This PC" or the Users\YOUR_USER_NAME folder yet. AFAICT, that was much easier to handle in WinXP.

I just miss my old desktop!

When I try to start MMJB,  I get the message Ordinal 2250 not found in Musicmatch.exe. IIRC, I have copied the file PX.dll to the MMJB folder.

The only real problem I have is to get MMJB running, that's about all I use the machine for in addition to Firefox.

Edited by Roffen
Refining text

We'll always be here for you, Roffen. I'm 56, and Win 10 is a pain to me, too. "This PC" is the new incarnation of "My Computer", as if changing the name of it would "make it new"...  I guess this thread elsewhere will be of help for you, just as it was for me: https://superuser.com/questions/972149/hotkey-for-this-pc
BTW, if I reach your age with my mind half as sharp as yours is right now, I'll sure give the Lord neverending thanks for that. Being a speaker of English as a second language, like yourself, just reading your English text makes me sure your "logical processors" are operating great, at this very moment. :worship:

Hi dencorso, thank you for your kind words.

I decided to make another (last?) attempt on installing XP on one of my  old machines, but it stops with BSoD message 0X7B (0XF78D2524 0XC0000034000007 0CX00000000). I may have made an error copying the msg but that probably dosnt't matter much. The XP CD is well used, could that be the problem?

I have a clean copy of the CD, maybe I should try it?

I just hate those messages.I

I presume you already are familiar with it, but anyway,  BSoD is short for Blue Screen of Death. How I hate to see it.

0x0000007b means "Inaccessible Boot Device", typically (there could be other reasons of course) it means that your machine is SATA (and a SATA disk is used) with the BIOS set to SATA (as opposed to "Legacy IDE compatibility mode" or similar AND your XP CD does not have integrated the SATA drivers.

Can you post the make/model of the motherboard?

Very likely there is a setting in BIOS that needs to be changed (if you are OK with IDE mode, which is slightly slower in disk access/transfer times), the alternative being that of integrating/slipsteaming to the install CD the appopriate SATA drivers or installing them with the "F6 floppy" method while running the main install.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

On 12/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, Roffen said:

Over the years, I have used a number of new versions , from MSDOS to Windows , from Win 98 thru Win2k, and WinXP, and now suddenly having to face the mysteries of Windows10. I have a problem with my brain, it is not a sharp and fast as it used to be. I see mention of Explorer, but I dont' see Explorer on my machine?  I am not comfortable navigating the system.  I don't hink I have found "This PC" or the Users\YOUR_USER_NAME folder yet. AFAICT, that was much easier to handle in WinXP.

I just miss my old desktop!

When I try to start MMJB,  I get the message Ordinal 2250 not found in Musicmatch.exe. IIRC, I have copied the file PX.dll to the MMJB folder.

The only real problem I have is to get MMJB running, that's about all I use the machine for in addition to Firefox.

@Roffen , I too hung on to my Windows XP for dear life, not wanting to move into uncharted territory (Windows 10).   I'm 75 years old and I offer this advice....spend time googling various things you want to know about Windows 10.   You'll find a great amount of information with photos, videos and other materials to help you learn.   You mentioned not being able to see "Explorer" on your machine?   This is the perfect opportunity to go to GOOGLE and enter "where to find explorer Windows 10"      You will be presented with numerous opportunities to get right to where you want to be with diagrams, instructions and etc. .    For the record, if you have your machine setup in "Desktop" mode, just go to the start button on the very bottom left of your screen (Just where you found it in Windows XP) and right click.  You will be presented a dialog box and you will see "File Explorer" presented for you to left click and open the file explorer.   Once that file explorer is open, you are actually on the "My PC" page which in Windows 10 is what you knew as "My Computer" in your Windows XP.   You will see a folder there identified as "DOWNLOADS" with a blue arrow facing down.   There is where you will find your downloads that you saved from the internet.......   Hope this gives you some motivation and help?