I need a legit win7 home premium iso

MarkJohnson

I am helping someone install windows 7 on his laptop after he tried installing linux, then aborted the install.  He pulled the drive and wiped mit clean.

He tried going to MS, but his mold Toshiba product key didn't work at the MS downloader.

I'd appreciate any link to get a legit ISO, or how do I get it from MS when the Toshiba key won't work.

... but allow me to doubt that anything BUT a Toshiba OEM image will activate with a Toshiba OEM key :whistle::

10 hours ago, MarkJohnson said:

He tried going to MS, but his mold Toshiba product key didn't work at the MS downloader.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Yeah, OEM keys don't work.  Too many people would copy them off other people computers and sell them on ebay.  So they started putting fake stickers on the laptops, but the real key was embedded into the BIOS.  But he wiped the windows already, so I couldn't install an app to read the real kep from the BIOS.

But I found a site and a hash checker and a letgit hash code for win10homex64.

Thanks for everyone's help.

-=Mark=-

On 12/17/2018 at 7:17 AM, someguy25 said:

Its not allowed to give Windows 7 ISOs at MSFN:angry:

That's not 100% true. There are many legitimate reasons why someone may need an actual ISO image. It could be a reinstallation or that you lost the original product media. The real problem falls into either:

1. Asking for a cracked version that defeats the need for a product key and/or activation.
2. Providing a product key on the board with the ISO installation media that belongs to you and only you, or another organization that has a special license. Windows 7 works a bit differently than Windows XP VLKs where Windows XP didn't require activation if you had a special VL edition with an approperiate key. Windows 7 on the other hand requires activation even with a VLK and requires activation generally through a KMS server, on or off site.
3. The ISO comes from any other source other than Microsoft's official website/download source. Any other source can cause issues of integrity of the ISO file, or can have the issue of #1 where it could be a cracked version and when we advertise that, we get into trouble. We're not the pirate bay and never will be.

If it happens to be a product key issue, then you'd have to contact Microsoft themselves for a solution because we're not allowed to provide any license keys on the forum whatsoever. That's what seriously violates rule 1a-d.