Discord and Windows XP

For XP users I would recommend MiniBrowser (there is a tread about browsers for XP). There is a new version which have much better performance. Don't know if MiniBrowser works in Windows 2000.

16 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

have you tried force old firefox mobile user agent? That helped on me

discord desktop app uses electron and web client just uses too much js. Electron is basically Chromium wrapper to webpage to ship it as app that soydevs really loves to use instead of making native well optimised low ram consuming client.

Can you tell me exactly what user agent to copy-paste ?? i'll try it.

And ah i see.. yea figures it'd be something like so much javascript. I once searched on google for hours and hours trying to find out about this, until i finally heard of "electron" and i once saw someone post information about like apparently firefox is making hundreds or thousands of "calls" nonstop to some specific fonts folder or files ...or a directory or something...but it was someone using "ubutunu" ...not windows or mac...so it did not help me at all to try finding where this stuff was to get rid of it or do something to make it stop. I dont know.

I use this a spoofed "firefox 90 on windows 10" user agent on this firefox 52.9.1 (last for XP) so i can use the Slack website, cause i need it to talk to my friends for a game project. And that works fine, no lag or slowdown or anything... but just discord though.

But yea tell me what this mobile one is you use. so i can try it on "general.useragent.override"

Edited by kuja killer

8 hours ago, kuja killer said:

But yea tell me what this mobile one is you use. so i can try it on "general.useragent.override"

setup page specific override (general.useragent.override.discord.com) with following: Mozilla/5.0 (Android 7.0; Mobile; rv:54.0) Gecko/54.0 Firefox/54.0

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

setup page specific override (general.useragent.override.discord.com) with following: Mozilla/5.0 (Android 7.0; Mobile; rv:54.0) Gecko/54.0 Firefox/54.0

damn, it didnt help at all. :( I tried both the site specific method you said, and the whole global one - tried reloading page, close/open firefox completely again after setting the user agent, but nothing. - The only thing i noticed was some of the buttons at the top of the page disppeared (online users, search box, pins) and so on, but nothing else appeared different or changed.

It still lags and flickers, 100% cpu, etc - just as bad as before. :(

I'm very lucky i dont have to deal with the horrible slowdown with youtube on other hand since they have an actual real mobile version of the site "m.youtube.com" which i use that now permenately since the old layout addons were all killed, so everything loads there instantly.... wish discord had it's own dedicated "mobile" or "m" domain.

Edited by kuja killer