Jump to content

[FIXED] DWM crashes when a message comes from Steam


Recommended Posts

UPDATE:¬†With the lastest Aero Glass (v1.5.11), all problems are fixed. Thanks @bigmuscle¬†ūüėČūüĎć

 

Hello. I'm using Windows 10 v1809 (17763.194) and Aero Glass v1.5.10. When I receive a message from the Steam app, the icon is blinking in the start menu. Each time I click the icon, the screen goes up and repeats it 3 times and the DWM collapses completely and Aero Glass is disabled. Does anyone know any solution to this?

 

sshot-19.png

Edited by bykaracivi45TR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • bykaracivi45TR changed the title to DWM crashes when a message comes from Steam ‚ĚĆ

I just wanted to chime in that I have the same problem albeit slightly differently. Whenever a Steam message comes in and I hover over the Steam icon in my Taskbar, whenever the aero-preview comes up my GPU driver crashes and restores immediately, Glass8 stays functioning however. I'm running Glass8 1.5.10 on 1809 with a GTX 1070 and 417.35 drivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SkyySX said:

I just wanted to chime in that I have the same problem albeit slightly differently. Whenever a Steam message comes in and I hover over the Steam icon in my Taskbar, whenever the aero-preview comes up my GPU driver crashes and restores immediately, Glass8 stays functioning however. I'm running Glass8 1.5.10 on 1809 with a GTX 1070 and 417.35 drivers.

Actually, it's the same problem. I'm also using the GTX 1050 and 416.81 driver version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, bykaracivi45TR said:

Actually, it's the same problem. I'm also using the GTX 1050 and 416.81 driver version.

 

Good to know I'm not alone. @bigmuscle can we do anything to help fix this? I noticed it happens with Photoshop too in the Aero-preview, DWM.exe crashes for a moment.

Edited by SkyySX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Same here. 1809, LTSC

 

Had Firefox, Steam, Discord, Winamp and VMWare running mostly. Happened two times in timespan of a few minutes, then nothing.

 

Wasnt doing anything with Discord or Steam, nor had I any messages come in.

Edited by MT_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • dencorso changed the title to DWM crashes when a message comes from Steam
4 hours ago, bykaracivi45TR said:

The same problem in the beta version, too. We need more stable version. Especially for 1809 (RS5).

I see. Either way...

On 12/21/2018 at 10:27 AM, SkyySX said:

@bigmuscle can we do anything to help fix this? I noticed it happens with Photoshop too in the Aero-preview, DWM.exe crashes for a moment.ÔĽŅ

Yes, uploading the crash dump (minidump file) that is usually generated after the crash (unless something goes wrong) and stored in C:\AeroGlass folder is always a good idea.

For NVIDIA driver crashes, you may want to ask for help on GeForce forums if updating to latest drivers doesn't solve it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2019 at 2:35 PM, UCyborg said:

I see. Either way...

Yes, uploading the crash dump (minidump file) that is usually generated after the crash (unless something goes wrong) and stored in C:\AeroGlass folder is always a good idea.

For NVIDIA driver crashes, you may want to ask for help on GeForce forums if updating to latest drivers doesn't solve it.

 

I see, where should I upload them to? I noticed the same DWM crashes happening when I ALT+TAB with PS4 Remote Play active. I'll use the beta version temporarily on the weekend as I do not want to run it permanently because of the watermark and debug-window.

 

Updating the drivers didn't help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...