Team Viewer Drops Windows XP Support

FranceBB

2 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

Sure, I know there is a workaround, but what about fixing the software itself?

Why should it be a mistake? All Windows versions released after Windows XP have TCP/IP 6 installed by default. Did you notice any other errors? What I've noticed is that from version 13 of Teamviewer on some features now a license is required. Otherwise, I have made a 1 hour test where no problems have occurred. Actually, we may be glad if there is only the problem with the TCP/IP 6 protocol in Windows XP if this is not installed (also does not have to be activated in the network adapter/s, only installed).

:)

3 hours ago, heinoganda said:

All Windows versions released after Windows XP have TCP/IP 6 installed by default.

We are still speaking about a software, that claims support for windows XP, not for all versions released after XP :w00t:

3 hours ago, heinoganda said:

Why should it be a mistake?

Because TW notified me about that after an update caused TeamViewer Service to crash and it continued after every system reboot and after every attempt to run the software.

Because TW didn't warn me about potential issue while I was prompted to update.

Because TW didn't warn me when I manually installed newest version.

Because their system requirements does not say that, their website does not say that. Only support board, where you need to know what are you looking for.

Because most of the internet still uses ipv4, and see no reason why home user should have ipv6 installed in his local network - even f it's by default, it probably lies useless.

Because secure user might follow the rule "if you do not use - uninstall it" and remove it even on newer windows. This rule isn't some geeky trick, this is one of three basic security rules by mr. Krebs.

Because their installer could recognize if I have ipv6 installed, and install it on it's own - after all it has given enough permissions do do so.

Because they recognized the issue soon after releasing an update from 13.0.6447 to never one, and nine months is enough to give a birth, and they still didn't give a ... requisite to giving a birth and didn't fix the bug and fail to inform users before they install a software. They didn't even reply with "no, we do not plan to fix it", which is what I would require from serious, renowned company, that treats its users fairly.

1 hour ago, Mcinwwl said:

Because most of the internet still uses ipv4, and see no reason why home user should have ipv6 installed in his local network - even f it's by default, it probably lies useless.

You can disable TCP/IP 6 in the network adapter. Incidentally, even with the current version of TeamViewer 14.1.9025.0 at least the TCP/IP 6 protocol must be installed. Otherwise you use an older version of Teamviewer or deactivate incoming LAN connections. Unfortunately, I can not offer you a better solution in relation to the current Teamviewer.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:47 AM, heinoganda said:

I can not offer you a better solution in relation to the current Teamviewer. 

I am grateful and cannot ask for more from you. Still, I am disappointed by TW devs and their communication with users. Please keep these things separate ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My teamviewer 10 installs stopped working everywhere - on my main XP system, on my Win7 laptop, on my work XP... I cant even connect to those from android.

Previously i've been limited to 5min. connections.

I tried to install v13, but it turns out that all installers on the "Previous versions" page link to the v14.2.8352 installer. After installing that, it always crashes with an exception in the kernel.

I got v13 from archive.org, but it didn't work either.

Could anyone PM me the working v14 for XP, please?

11 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

Could anyone PM me the working v14 for XP, please? 

Since June 18, all free versions that are below version 14 no longer work.

It seems that the latest version that runs on XP is 14.2.8352. Here is a link where you can download it: https://dl.teamviewer.com/download/version_14x/14.2.8352/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

Wrote here so that others can download the working version.

Безымянный.PNG

10 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

Unfortunately this is the same build that was having issues on my system. 

Try to completely remove teamviewer, then delete the files from the folder C:\Program Files\TeamViewer, if they remain there. Is the system fully updated? I have installed IE8, all updates, and all versions of C++ 2005-2019.

I tried to update again, this time using the "check for new version" within teamviewer and it worked. I now have v14.2.8352 running on my XP.

That was all the good news though...

I tested connecting to and from my android phone. Both times it worked, but said "Commercial use detected, session limited to few minutes", WTF?!

I run this only for personal use...

Another bad thing - when i tried to update teamviewer on my Win7 install, it was offered v14.3.4730. That build always crashes with an invalid opcode exception (0xc000001d). They probably enabled SSE2 optimisations or something.

I was able to install v14.2.8352 over that and it seems to run ok. But v14.3 will probably hit XP soon, leaving all AthlonXP and early P4 systems with a crashing teamviewer.